Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Royal Mail International Signed For Service.

Royal Mail International Signed For Service.

Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default Royal Mail International Signed For Service.

I used this service nearly two weeks ago to send my documents to AEI-NOOSR for assessment. However i have heard nothing, even when i traced the item on the royal mails website, it just says your item has been dispatched.

I rang the royal mail the other day and they said that the item was in the Australian postal system but nothing had come back yet to say that it had been signed for.

Anyone else used this service and had problems.

thx Lisa x
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:48 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Mail International Signed For Service.

Originally Posted by lisas
I used this service nearly two weeks ago to send my documents to AEI-NOOSR for assessment. However i have heard nothing, even when i traced the item on the royal mails website, it just says your item has been dispatched.

I rang the royal mail the other day and they said that the item was in the Australian postal system but nothing had come back yet to say that it had been signed for.

thx Lisa x
The trouble with this service is that Royal Mail cannot track your item once it leaves the UK. To be honest, it's pretty useless as a 'guaranteed' service. If your docs are that important (and I would put visa applications in that category ) I would suggest a courier, even though it costs so much more.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm not mistaken this service is a complete farce in that once the documents have left the UK, Royal Mail has no way of tracking them. RM can only track up until the point it left the UK. Bit pointless really.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice

yep, i agree with that now, just wish i had thought about it two weeks ago.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
If I'm not mistaken this service is a complete farce in that once the documents have left the UK, Royal Mail has no way of tracking them. RM can only track up until the point it left the UK. Bit pointless really.

Agreed....we have been unable to trace our meds etc..... they were sent 8th and 23rd March. We have had different Royal Mail staff telling us different things. Australia Post are also unable to tell us anything.

We have e-mailed our CO, but have yet to have an answer as to whether they have arrived. Ah well...have another crate of beer and wait
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:05 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kevhaze
Agreed....we have been unable to trace our meds etc..... they were sent 8th and 23rd March. We have had different Royal Mail staff telling us different things. Australia Post are also unable to tell us anything.

We have e-mailed our CO, but have yet to have an answer as to whether they have arrived. Ah well...have another crate of beer and wait

Our CO told us it can take 2 weeks from the document being delivered to the building to it getting to her desk. (They must use tortoises in their mail room). We got a bit nervy waiting on our documents sent by the International Signed For but we got the visas last week so just give a bit more time. They can trace the documents in the building but you must have proof of delivery
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baconmaster
Our CO told us it can take 2 weeks from the document being delivered to the building to it getting to her desk. (They must use tortoises in their mail room).
Maybe they should contact Royal Mail in? Air Mail from here to Oz only takes a week!!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:09 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

thx Lisa x
We sent our TRA via Royal Mail and couldn't track it out of England, so we used DHL for the visa app.
Marie
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

thx Lisa x
I have used this service several times and had absolutely no problem.

Best not to get too neurotic about tracing documents.

Some people have had problems with couriers as well.

G
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:15 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
Fair point. I've sent several letters, etc to Oz via Air Mail and they all got there within a week. Not lost one yet
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

G
Dead right. We had no probs when we used this service for TRA and visa application. BUT when you are waiting it is nice to know if all has arrived, 'cause this time you have a time limit.

We were going to send the medicals by DHL, but the receptionist at the Panel Doctors assured us that they have never lost any by Royal Mail. Also, she said that they will trace it on our behalf if it took too long.

So fingers crossed that we get the famous yellow envelope soon.

Hazel
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:53 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

G
The difference is that with a courier if the item goes astray they will make an attempt to find it in the system rather than fob you off with 'we only track it as far as the airport'

The other advantage of a confirmed delivery is that if the documentation goes astray within DIMIA, you can at least ask them to look for it if you can prove it was delivered. Sometimes documents get completely lost/misfiled in DIMIA itself, but having proof of delivery sometimes gets things found.

Jeremy
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
you are not mistaken. it is worse than a farce, it is a con. they have no inention of tracking it once it is in oz and will tell you, after they have sold you the service and when you try to use their tracking service, that they cannot keep track of it once it is in the oz postal system. i used this service and documents went missing. spent a month communicating with rm who lied out right. i even involved the people who are supposed to oversee rm, can't remember their name but they were completely impotent. in the end rm agreed to reimburse me the cost of the service and said they would give me 30 quid (i hadn't added insurance). the joke was that the documents did actually arrive but rm didn't know! they had no way of telling. i am still seething a year later.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:47 am
DarrenD

thx Lisa x

Hi

ive found http://www.auspost.com.au is pretty good and helpful. Theres a 'contact us' section at the top. Select the state the letter is going to, then quote the UK reference number and explain RM are useless.

Every time theyve come back with a confirmation (the last ones I sent they confirmed 2 letters within 4 hrs)

its a bit of a sneak as it goes around the 2 month wait & messing around, but to be honest I dont know why RM cant do this.

Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kevhaze

To update everyone.

We had an e-mail from our CO this morning to confirm she had received our meds. Then a couple of hours later she e-mailed to say we had our visas.

Its been a long month!

H & K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.