Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Royal Mail Or Courier

Royal Mail Or Courier

Old Mar 28th 2004, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Royal Mail Or Courier

Hi Gang

I'm going to be sending off my TRA assessment later this week.

Can anybody give me some advise on how to send it.

I'm not sure whether to trust Royal Mail or send it courier ie FedEx, UPS.

Also any ideas on costs.

Thanks

Gravyman
Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:26 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Mail Or Courier

Originally posted by Gravyman
Hi Gang

Also any ideas on costs.

Thanks

Gravyman

We used DHL for all our documents going to Aussie.........we sent them on a Friday and they got to the destination on the Monday 11am Aussie time

Royal Mail took well over a week
Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that, Biggy.

Could you give me any idea of the costs involved?

Graham
Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:42 pm

Cheers for that, Biggy.

Could you give me any idea of the costs involved?

Graham
Hiya Graham

Well that might br kinda difficult cos my agent paid for it all, but I am sure he said it was around AU$40.......the first consignment I sent with Royal Mail cost me £9.80

Hope this helps

Heather
Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by biggy
Hiya Graham

Well that might br kinda difficult cos my agent paid for it all, but I am sure he said it was around AU$40.......the first consignment I sent with Royal Mail cost me £9.80

Hope this helps

Heather

For those who read this thread and are sending their applications to AHC in London, I read that they dont take couriers - you have to post it ie royal mail, special delivery.....
Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:55 pm

Originally posted by jasper pentop
For those who read this thread and are sending their applications to AHC in London, I read that they dont take couriers - you have to post it ie royal mail, special delivery.....
Mine was going to my agent in Sydney
Also forgot to add Graham, with DHL u can track it all the way on the net, or u can get text messages sent to ur mobile giving u details on where your package is.....its superb....either that or I am sad lol

I sent an e-mail to my agent saying that i knew he had received the package and that he signed for it at 10.02am...........yup I am deffo sad lol
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:02 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Mine was going to my agent in Sydney
Also forgot to add Graham, with DHL u can track it all the way on the net, or u can get text messages sent to ur mobile giving u details on where your package is.....its superb....either that or I am sad lol

I sent an e-mail to my agent saying that i knew he had received the package and that he signed for it at 10.02am...........yup I am deffo sad lol
biggy we need to get a police check of to aspc..... where r DHL based?

thanx

love boomie
xx
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:09 pm

Originally posted by Boomie
biggy we need to get a police check of to aspc..... where r DHL based?

thanx

love boomie
xx
Hiya Boomie

DHL are worldwide here is there website

www.dhl.com

they r also in the yellow pages

Heather
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:14 pm

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Boomie

DHL are worldwide here is there website

www.dhl.com

they r also in the yellow pages

Heather

do they have branches all over...... we r from stoke on trent

love boomie
xxxxxx

love the idea ov trackin....... esp after the stress we have had ova the last 2 weeks

xxxxx
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:24 pm

do they have branches all over...... we r from stoke on trent

love boomie
xxxxxx

love the idea ov trackin....... esp after the stress we have had ova the last 2 weeks

xxxxx
yeah boomie they have loads of branches in the UK just fone them up first thing in the morning and they will prolly pick it up tomorro
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:35 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Royal Mail.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:38 pm

yeah boomie they have loads of branches in the UK just fone them up first thing in the morning and they will prolly pick it up tomorro

thanx biggy.......

how long does it normally take a document to reach oz

post office say 5/7 days....... are these any quicker?

love boomie
xx
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:44 pm

thanx biggy.......

how long does it normally take a document to reach oz

post office say 5/7 days....... are these any quicker?

love boomie
xx

Last stuff i sent DHL was picked up Scotland 9am Friday it reached Sydney at 10am Monday there time not bad huh
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:46 pm

Last stuff i sent DHL was picked up Scotland 9am Friday it reached Sydney at 10am Monday there time not bad huh

that will do fa me cocker........

ova n out!!

thanx

love boomie

xxxxxxx
Old Mar 28th 2004, 11:07 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gang

Also any ideas on costs.

Thanks

Gravyman

What makes you think FedEx or UPS aren't "trustworthy"?

Send it Royal Mail Special Deliver.