Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Royal Brunei is a dry airline

Royal Brunei is a dry airline

Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Royal Brunei is a dry airline

Had to laugh -

my mum has just left the UK for a 3 week visit to my brother in Hervey Bay. She flew with Royal Brunei and when she booked the flight she was chuffed to bits with how cheap it was.

Shes just rung us to say she landed in Oz safely but that Royal Brunei turned out to be a "dry" airline - ie, it serves no alcohol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mum is a VERY nervous flier and was really looking forward to a few in flight wines to help send her to sleep. It was not to be.

Part of the flight deal was she had to stay overnight in a hotel in Brunei and even that didn't serve any alcohol!!

So beware when flying Royal Brunei !
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default Re: Royal Brunei is a dry airline

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
Had to laugh -

my mum has just left the UK for a 3 week visit to my brother in Hervey Bay. She flew with Royal Brunei and when she booked the flight she was chuffed to bits with how cheap it was.

Shes just rung us to say she landed in Oz safely but that Royal Brunei turned out to be a "dry" airline - ie, it serves no alcohol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mum is a VERY nervous flier and was really looking forward to a few in flight wines to help send her to sleep. It was not to be.

Part of the flight deal was she had to stay overnight in a hotel in Brunei and even that didn't serve any alcohol!!

So beware when flying Royal Brunei !
heheeh...... yes.. couldn't help laughing. but good post, as some might not know!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Yes, but the last time I flew with them you were permitted to take and drink your own alcohol onboard........ The crew were very happy to provide glasses etc.....
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pipers Mummy
Yes, but the last time I flew with them you were permitted to take and drink your own alcohol onboard........ The crew were very happy to provide glasses etc.....
Yeah, its been posted on here loads of times (usually by me as a warning ) - if you are flying Brunei take your own alcohol
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I really like a beer from time to time, but I have to be honest and say that I think all airlines should be dry. I think its madness that aircraft manufactures spend a lot of time and effort trying to reduce fire hazards, only for the airlines to allow a couple of hundred gallons of flammable spirits inside the cabin areas of the aircraft.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 2:02 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Now I really like a beer from time to time, but I have to be honest and say that I think all airlines should be dry. I think its madness that aircraft manufactures spend a lot of time and effort trying to reduce fire hazards, only for the airlines to allow a couple of hundred gallons of flammable spirits inside the cabin areas of the aircraft.
It's not the combustive nature of the spirits that bothers me, but the effect it has on the passengers.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 2:47 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
It's not the combustive nature of the spirits that bothers me, but the effect it has on the passengers.
Agreed. Too many peaceheads on some flights as well.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's Muslim so it would be dry. I also think all airlines should be alcohol free. It's crazy in this day and age that someone can have a pair of nail clippers taken away but once on the flight can get as hammered as they like.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

I know what you mean - I don't usually drink on long haul flights cos I always end up with a headache so it doesn't bother me either way if there is alcohol or not.

But for some people a 24 hour flight to Oz is a really big deal either cos they hate flying or because they've saved up for such a big trip for a long time and a few drinks on board helps relax them. So in my opinion alcohol does have a place on board.

Also, I've never seen anyone really drunk on a long haul flight - isn't that more the case when you get the Brits in Europe on cheap easyjet flights?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

covphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant future

Note to self, must not book flights with Royal Brunei
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi

Also, I've never seen anyone really drunk on a long haul flight - isn't that more the case when you get the Brits in Europe on cheap easyjet flights?
I once sat next to someone about 10 years ago on a Singapore Airlines flight who was so drunk that he pissed himself and soaked the seat.
I had to ask to be moved in the end, he was getting so obnoxious.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bloody hell - you poor thing. Too right asking to be moved - enduring a 12 hour flight next to him would have been too awful to contemplate.

I've never experienced anything like that on a long haul flight, in fact I think its odd how I've often spent hours and hours sitting next to someone on a plane and we've barely exchanged a word. (My fault as much as my neighbours.) But I still prefer that to your experience!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

ketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really nice

Don´t think about, if you are the next passenger placed on that soaked seat.
Usually the time to clean a plane is 20 minutes?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ketty
Don´t think about, if you are the next passenger placed on that soaked seat.
Usually the time to clean a plane is 20 minutes?
They have longer on long-haul, planes in first thing in the morning usually don't go out till late at night.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 2:04 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least you know the pilot is sober

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yeah, its been posted on here loads of times (usually by me as a warning ) - if you are flying Brunei take your own alcohol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.