Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Royal Brunei airlines - what is it like?

Royal Brunei airlines - what is it like?

Old Mar 10th 2006, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Royal Brunei airlines - what is it like?

In all my latest searches for flights Royal Brunei Airlines comes up cheapest.

What is it like?
Old Mar 10th 2006, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all
Default Re: Royal Brunei airlines - what is it like?

To be honest I have never heard of them? Where is the stopoff point?.
Apparently the Sunday Times has a good list of Companys offering really cheap flights to Oz, it may be worth checking it out this weekend!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 3:01 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luma

What is it like?
I won't risk it unless it was £100's cheaper. Singapore/Cathay/Malaysia/Emirates seem to get a high rating on here.
Worth paying a little extra for such a long journey IMO
Old Mar 10th 2006, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Have a look at www.airlinequality.com. I wouldn't fly with them unless they were really cheap. Seems they use pretty old planes and they go via Brunei which is not very interesting. Emirates are OK and can stop at loads of places. Singapore excellent. Cathay - don't know but good rep. If you want to be assured of comfort don't fly with the cheapo's!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Gabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really nice

What is it like?
Flew them a couple times, once to Brisbane and back, with a stopover in Brunei. They don't serve alcohol, they broadcast a prayer from the Quran on their internal system before take-off, service was good, pleasant, friendly; take-off, flight and landing smooth enough, like with any western airline. Haven't heard of any accidents with their planes, at least not in the recent (10 years) past.
However, the stopover in Brunei can be boring, as the airport is quite small and not much to do around, especially if your connection is delayed or if you have a long time to wait.
They do offer a few hours trips inside the city (Bandar-Seri-Begawan) if you have the time.

Last edited by Gabriel; Mar 10th 2006 at 7:31 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gabriel
They don't serve alcohol
That's that decided then!!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

What is it like?

You should do a search on here, think it has been discussed a few times. (i think you can take your own booze as well)

We had a look at them as well as the business flights were coming up cheaper than others but decided on economy in the end with singapore airlines