Reload this Page >

Route planner for Nz

Route planner for Nz

Old Jul 14th 2003, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Route planner for Nz

Originally posted by sofistek
If you ever get to NZ House again, go round the side of the building and along Pall Mall (I think), there's an arcade behind NZ House that has a Kiwi shop (Kiwi Fruits, or something like that). It has lots of Kiwi stuff, including books and maps. I got a Wises Travel Atlas from there. It's a spiral bound book with lots of detail of every part of NZ, some parts in increasing detail.

In NZ House itself, there's a small information section, turn left, just down the stairs past (and in front of) reception. You'll find lots of stuff, including a few accommodation booklets. I got Jason's Motels, and the AA Where to Stay Guide. Both are 2003 editions and packed with great value accommodation. You can also find recent newspapers there.
Hi Tony
We haven't yet been to Nz house but have been to to the kiwi shop (in December last year) bought loads of stuff and made up a kiwi christmas hamper for our friends, who will be arriving about four weeks after us) i think I know where Nz house is now in relation to that arcade.

Thanks again for the advice
Tori
Old Jul 14th 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Howdy! - Don
Hello stranger
Tori
Old Jul 14th 2003, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Route planner for Nz

Originally posted by Akaubear
I can't seem to get a "proper" URL, but hopefully this should work...

http://203.110.143.172/scripts/hsrun...=HS_SearchPage

It's called "Smart Trip", and is fairly self explanatory!

Hope that helps.

Nicola.
Thanks for the link Nicola its very simular to wizes. We are just trying to plan the best route with all the info we have been given!
Tori
Old Jul 15th 2003, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

Would recommend Centra Hotel. Central as the name states. Good 4 star establishment at about $140 a night per room. Booked with TravelNow.com. Also stayed at the xxx....on the Park nice but too far to comfortably walk into town. Booked with Wotif.com at £50 B&B.

Hanmer Springs is very nice and paeceful. Good walks of all levels.

Only one decent sized Hotel in Nelson but lots of Motels. Beware the crap Leisure Lodge which is in all the Hotel Sites. Many Motels a long stagger from the very nice town centre.

Enjoy the drive - very long and winding. Very nice cafe in Murchison 1.5 hrs from Nelson.

Roger
Old Jul 15th 2003, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Roger
Would recommend Centra Hotel. Central as the name states. Good 4 star establishment at about $140 a night per room. Booked with TravelNow.com. Also stayed at the xxx....on the Park nice but too far to comfortably walk into town. Booked with Wotif.com at £50 B&B.

Hanmer Springs is very nice and paeceful. Good walks of all levels.

Only one decent sized Hotel in Nelson but lots of Motels. Beware the crap Leisure Lodge which is in all the Hotel Sites. Many Motels a long stagger from the very nice town centre.

Enjoy the drive - very long and winding. Very nice cafe in Murchison 1.5 hrs from Nelson.

Roger
A lot of motel and motor lodges seem to be a lot cheaper than that. Between $60 and $100 per night per room. Of course, some may be poor but I'm sure they can't all be poor.