rottweilers

Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Default rottweilers

hi, does anyone know if Rotties are classed as dangerous dogs in Oz and if so what does that mean? we have two and with the current situation here are just wondering what may be in store for them.......
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:04 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rottweilers

Originally Posted by thebardies
hi, does anyone know if Rotties are classed as dangerous dogs in Oz and if so what does that mean? we have two and with the current situation here are just wondering what may be in store for them.......
This site should tell you all you need to know :-

http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/info...&pa=523&pg=528
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebardies
They aren't a restricted breed. They are classed as dangerous if they attack someone obviously. Ownership isn't being forbidden though, unlike pit bull terriers
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:37 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

if they are classed as a dangerous dog u willl have to pay more in registration and keep them in a fenced yard..in Qld its $350 a year as aposed to $60 for any other doggie
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by biggy
if they are classed as a dangerous dog u willl have to pay more in registration and keep them in a fenced yard..in Qld its $350 a year as aposed to $60 for any other doggie
oooh, i see. not sure if they are coming with us yet anyway but will bear this in mind, thanks
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, it is expensive up there! $29 a year here I think it is for a dog a year. For restricted breeds I'm sure it will be more but I think you need a special permit from the council so no idea what it costs.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Wow, it is expensive up there! $29 a year here I think it is for a dog a year. For restricted breeds I'm sure it will be more but I think you need a special permit from the council so no idea what it costs.

for what they call a FULL dog in a fenced yard its $60(not fenced $90)
desexed dog in a fenced yard $19 I dont mind payin cos the wardens r great here
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

for what they call a FULL dog in a fenced yard its $60(not fenced $90)
desexed dog in a fenced yard $19 I dont mind payin cos the wardens r great here
Never seen our wardens hehehe I assume they exist!

I know that in the town we are moving to, the wardnes come around twice a year or something to all the houses to check the animals are registered, in good condition etc etc, so that will be interesting because there is no way our cat will let them anywhere near her
Old Sep 27th 2006, 3:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

people about 4 houses down from me have one and it runs around in the street all the time. I don't know legally in WA if they are allowed to do that but I don't let me kids play out when its out.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
people about 4 houses down from me have one and it runs around in the street all the time. I don't know legally in WA if they are allowed to do that but I don't let me kids play out when its out.
It is probably not legal, it is one of the responsibilities dog owners should have to take I think if they want to have a dog! I think our council can fine us if our dog is caught roaming the streets and I know accidents happen but to let it happen all the time I think is ridiculous, particularly big dogs that could easily scare kids etc.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by northernbird

Get in touch with the council and they should send a warden along...they will serve the owners with a notice to roam or summit like that. If you get a chance have a look and see if it has a council tag on...should be a brightly coloured tag, and give the address of the owners if known