Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Rossers have now entered the country....

The Rossers have now entered the country....

Old Aug 21st 2005, 12:53 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Talking The Rossers have now entered the country....

Hi guys, yes, still can't quite believe it but we are finally here.
Journey was fine, long but definitely they way to go. We flew early morning (05:00 start) but in essence we were only travelling for a day and a half.
Now slowly getting into the swing of things.

Yesterday, was a quick trip to Coffs Harbour, brought a 12 foot Surf Caster fishing rod and used it in the afternoon. Had our first 'barby' and then off to bed as the jet lag kicked in.

Today is my birthday, and it has started well - the sun is shining, opened my cards and Dad cooked brekkie. Taking little Miss R to Coffs Harbour Zoo later and then just chilling, may have a beer or two (or three).

Tomorrow (Monday) the fun starts, we are going to RTA to get our drivers licenses, so we have some form of ID and then bank accounts and tax file numbers etc.

So far so good!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:03 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rossers have now entered the country....

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Journey was fine, long but definitely they way to go. We flew early morning (05:00 start) but in essence we were only travelling for a day and a half.

Yesterday, was a quick trip to Coffs Harbour, brought a 12 foot Surf Caster fishing rod and used it in the afternoon. Had our first 'barby' and then off to bed as the jet lag kicked in.

Today is my birthday, and it has started well - the sun is shining, opened my cards and Dad cooked brekkie. Taking little Miss R to Coffs Harbour Zoo later and then just chilling, may have a beer or two (or three).

Tomorrow (Monday) the fun starts, we are going to RTA to get our drivers licenses, so we have some form of ID and then bank accounts and tax file numbers etc.

So far so good!

So pleased for you have a great life.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 3:36 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

So far so good!
well yous certainly dont hang around
have a happy birthday
Old Aug 21st 2005, 6:32 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

There at last cool ! and Happy Birthday
Old Aug 21st 2005, 6:33 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

So far so good!
WOW - a different story from a month ago eh matey!! fabbie xx
Old Aug 21st 2005, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

So far so good!
You lucky buggers!!

Glad you're enjoying it, see you when we get to Grafton.

Paul
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:00 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

So far so good!
Good to hear from you, which airline did you fly with?

Hope your life in Australia is all that you hoped it would be and have a fab birthday!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:42 am
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice

So far so good!
Have a lovely birthday and good luck with your new adventures!
Cheers Sharon
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:19 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

So far so good!
Welcome to AUSTRALIA

Dont forget to goto CenterLink !!!!

All the best Steve Debs n the Gang
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Have a great birthday and good to hear that you have had a good start to hopefully a great new life
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:00 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Thanks guys,

A Team - we flew with Cathay Pacific, there was nothing available (food and drink wise) on the way from Manchester to London due to the Gate Gormet dispute and the food wasn't really much to talk about on the flight from London to Hong Kong. After that it was great - especially as the flight was almost empty.

Rooksie - you hit the nail right on the head, all the stress and anguish seems to have been forgotten and we are now onto sunny day number 3 in Sandy Beach.

Paulb - drop us a line when you get to Grafton.

I will hopefully get back into regular posting when I finally get over the jet lag, will let you all know how it goes today with gettin all the legal stuff so we can start our new life properly.