Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

rose tinted glasses for sale...

rose tinted glasses for sale...

Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:15 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default rose tinted glasses for sale...

just reading another thread it got me wondering how much money is being made from selling the rose tinted glasses here in th u.k..

everywhere you turn here,its on the radio,in the papers,programs on bbc1 at the height of winter,programs showing beautiful sunny beaches,houses with pools and its freezing here!!!!

it would turn any ones head..

but they dont tell the whole story do they?

problems with work permits,house prices.. etc.etc..

i am amazed when i talk to some people ,how little knowledge of what they are entering into....

i was talking to a chippy,he told me he and his brother in law were going to buy houses for £15 k ,that had been attacked by termites they were going to do them up and sell them on...
jeez...

he also had no idea,of house prices or wages..
honest this is what he said to me."i have got a job lined up with my brother in law..$750 a week",i said thats not a lot,so he rang his brother in law and his brother in law said "no thats a day"...bloody hell..

i rang my agent a couple of weeks ago and asked if i needed a permit to lay bricks in perth..his answer,"ring a building company in perth"..jezus i am paying him 3k..money for old rope or what...

perhaps its about time they did a program about australia that shows the real story,not the one from the rose coloured camera...

ast

Last edited by aston man; Mar 21st 2007 at 4:35 am.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rose tinted glasses for sale...

Nothing wrong with rose tints. Just remember not to wear them all the time. You have to appreciate the negatives whilst holding on to the positives.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:33 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Nothing wrong with rose tints. Just remember not to wear them all the time. You have to appreciate the negatives whilst holding on to the positives.

your not selling any termite infested houses by any chance are you...
Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Even given the nightmare we seem to be going through at the moment with regards to OHs job, the positives still outweigh the negatives.

Like he said to me last night, we're here, we've got each other, we've got a roof over our head and a lot to be grateful for. Guess it's just hard sometimes to keep things in perspective, especially when hormones are playing their part!

Dunno if I have or do wear rose tints but I would still say moving here has been the best thing we've ever done and if someone knocked on the door and offered me £1million to return to the UK now I would say "no deal"
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=aston man;4540951]your not selling any termite infested houses by any chance are you...[/QUOTE

That has just gone whoosh over my head. I guess I need to look at some other threads
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:39 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

You have the canniest ability to cheer me up even on the darkest of days ...

I managed to flood our new rental last night (been there 3 days) whilst running the kids a bath ...

The joys.

Originally Posted by bridie
Even given the nightmare we seem to be going through at the moment with regards to OHs job, the positives still outweigh the negatives.

Like he said to me last night, we're here, we've got each other, we've got a roof over our head and a lot to be grateful for. Guess it's just hard sometimes to keep things in perspective, especially when hormones are playing their part!

Dunno if I have or do wear rose tints but I would still say moving here has been the best thing we've ever done and if someone knocked on the door and offered me £1million to return to the UK now I would say "no deal"
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
You have the canniest ability to cheer me up even on the darkest of days ...

I managed to flood our new rental last night (been there 3 days) whilst running the kids a bath ...
Oh dear.....
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:29 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I think the British Media just likes to slag off the UK.

Funny I see loads of women on the train each morning showing off there Harrods bags (the green ones) they must think it's the height of cool Grass is always greener I guess.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:19 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man

honest this is what he said to me."i have got a job lined up with my brother in law..$750 a week",i said thats not a lot,so he rang his brother in law and his brother in law said "no thats a day"...bloody hell..

ast
Bloody hell Ast! Has he got a job for Dale
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

karaokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aston man
just reading another thread it got me wondering how much money is being made from selling the rose tinted glasses here in th u.k..

everywhere you turn here,its on the radio,in the papers,programs on bbc1 at the height of winter,programs showing beautiful sunny beaches,houses with pools and its freezing here!!!!

it would turn any ones head..

but they dont tell the whole story do they?

problems with work permits,house prices.. etc.etc..

i am amazed when i talk to some people ,how little knowledge of what they are entering into....

i was talking to a chippy,he told me he and his brother in law were going to buy houses for £15 k ,that had been attacked by termites they were going to do them up and sell them on...
jeez...

i rang my agent a couple of weeks ago and asked if i needed a permit to lay bricks in perth..his answer,"ring a building company in perth"..jezus i am paying him 3k..money for old rope or what...

perhaps its about time they did a program about australia that shows the real story,not the one from the rose coloured camera...

ast
Hi

I would just like to say we were sold the dream 11 years a ago, firstly NZ and then OZ, I was never happy and felt as if I'd been cheated and still do, we have recently moved to Dubai after daughter moved back to uk and I put my foot down, now I'm loving it, we have money to do things unlike OZ, I'm looking for a property in UK, which we could not even look at before, your right, someone said to me in Melbourne once that Australia has the best promotional team ever, and its true!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:43 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie

Lovely comment.......made me smile and wish i was there now.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
I think the British Media just likes to slag off the UK.

Funny I see loads of women on the train each morning showing off there Harrods bags (the green ones) they must think it's the height of cool Grass is always greener I guess.
I do that with Sainsburys bags......I know a few Aussies as well as Brits that say they wish Sainsburys/Tesco would open here
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:53 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I do that with Sainsburys bags......I know a few Aussies as well as Brits that say they wish Sainsburys/Tesco would open here
I got a fortune for my rose tints on Ebay - used the money for an electric blanket (it DOES get cold here in Perth in the Winter, you know! )

Keep living the dream Ast - the world needs blokes like you.

Jules x
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

No-one will be doing that with the new bags, they're a disgusting bright orange all over (think easyjet) and so thin that after a few cans have gone in you worry that they're going to break. So yes they're recycled, but you now need twice as many!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:30 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

We got a John Lewis credit card before we left, and at Waitrose you get the reusable green bags plus cool bags (asked for some more before we left ) Only thing is they don't fit on the Woolies/Coles packing hooks at the checkouts as they are too big.

I've only had one person so far make a comment about them!

Last edited by walaj; Mar 21st 2007 at 9:35 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.