crime?

Old Sep 4th 2001, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

john_smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I was just wondering how high the level of crime was in australia we are moving in november after recieving our visa last month. I have never really heard anything about the crime rate so is it higher or lower thean the rate in england?

any replys much appreciated

John
Old Sep 4th 2001, 7:57 pm
phillip

i have also wondered this to i think from what ive read in books the murders are a lot less in numbers than in the uk its also due to a lot less people in austrlia than the uk

Old Sep 4th 2001, 8:49 pm
Spammy

just don't live anywhere near large groups of Arabs/Asians Arabs have been on the
loose pack raping fair skinned women lately

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 4th 2001, 11:56 pm
Russell Driver

Generally it is lower,butstill in the bulit up suburbs there are troubles. I feel
that in the last few years it has become worse and some is drug related - but nowhere
near the level of the UK.

If you live a little further out people still talk about when a few years ago they
did not even lock the house!

Cheers

Russell

--
auSEElife Run by migrants -for migrants Lot 11 Penneys Rise,Onkaparinga Hills,SA 5163
ICQ 119580733, Yahoo Messenger:russ1926,Fax +61 8 8186 1538 www.auseelife.com

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 7th 2001, 4:04 pm
Flemming Farms

In the area that I live in (Perth) I hear more about gang fights (stabbings at clubs,
etc) and breaking and enterings than murders. We have lived here for 2 years and have
been broken into (about $30,000 worth or stuff taken each time) 2 times in 10 months
(in different suburbs).

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 8th 2001, 11:54 am
Cookie...~Ü~

>
[usenetquote2]> > i have also wondered this to i think from what ive read in books the murders are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > a lot less in numbers than in the uk its also due to a lot less people in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > austrlia than the uk[/usenetquote2]

"Flemming Farms" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
(stabbings
    >

The Gang related activities are predominantly Asians (mainly Vietnamese) & Middle
Eastern / Arabs. As for Burglaries, Western Australia is the Burglary Capital of
Australia, however the best State to Live in. That aside Burglary is an opportunistic
crime which is mainly committed by druggies.

We have lived here
    >
    >

It really doesn't matter (within obvious limitations) where you live, Burglaries are
common due to druggies who need a quick fix & their habit(s) are expensive, the only
way they can fund it is to commit Burglaries / Stealing / Robberies etc. & they don't
care which suburb they get their cash / jewellery / electrical & other easily
converted goods.

One thing to bear in mind is the fact that Western Australia has the largest
proportion of Aboriginals in the Country, who are over-represented within the
Criminal Justice System. However this over-representation is due solely & entirely to
the over-representation of Aboriginals committing the offences. It is not a Racial
Issue as some people would like to have everyone believe.

Old Sep 8th 2001, 12:55 pm
Mihika Sharad

Were you insured?. Does the insurance cover all losses in this case?

Mihika

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > i have also wondered this to i think from what ive read in books the murders are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > a lot less in numbers than in the uk its also due to a lot less people in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > austrlia than the uk[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]

--
Posted from [195.229.208.9] via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG