Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Roof Type for New House

Roof Type for New House

Old May 23rd 2008, 3:03 am
Just Joined

gregiada will become famous soon enough
Default Roof Type for New House

Guys i need recommendation for type of the roof other then concrete tiles .
Is there any cheaper option than colorbond roof in brisbane with better quality than concrete tiles ?
We will be building with coral home builder .
thanks
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:13 am
Stuart and Carolann

stu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant future
Default Re: Roof Type for New House

Hi we too are building with Coral Homes and had to go with Colorbond roof as it was a stipulation of Stocklands (who be purchased the land from). Now that the roof is on, the colorbond does look good even though it is more expensive than tiles.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:51 am
Just Joined

gregiada will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stu-carol
Hi we too are building with Coral Homes and had to go with Colorbond roof as it was a stipulation of Stocklands (who be purchased the land from). Now that the roof is on, the colorbond does look good even though it is more expensive than tiles.
Thank you for reply
How did you found Coral ? You guys happy to deal with them .
How long did it take to get to this stage etc..........
Thanks Greg
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:19 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

How do they enforce that ?

Originally Posted by stu-carol
Hi we too are building with Coral Homes and had to go with Colorbond roof as it was a stipulation of Stocklands
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:39 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
It's usually written into the sale contract.
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
We too had to have colourbond being a stipulation of Stockland. Its part of the contract. You don't get a choice.
Old May 24th 2008, 4:04 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
We too had to have colourbond being a stipulation of Stockland. Its part of the contract. You don't get a choice.
I have heard that some places can even stipulate what age of car you can drive too.
Old May 29th 2008, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

clairer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gregiada
Guys i need recommendation for type of the roof other then concrete tiles .
Is there any cheaper option than colorbond roof in brisbane with better quality than concrete tiles ?
We will be building with coral home builder .
thanks
havent got a clue about your options, but felt you should know -Im renting a house woth a tin roof and its noisey-it makes popping sounds on a night, somtimes it sounds like someone is on it climbing around! and in heavy rain its noisey too! I cant unerstand its so comman here, maybe the house Im in hasnt been done properly I dont know, but I wont be having put on my house!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:48 am
Just Joined

bigal300 is an unknown quantity at this point

We too have a color- bond roof,it makes all the popping and banging noises when your trying to sleep :curse: . I went up into the loft to have a look and there's no insulation up there! so i'll be putting some in ASAP and hopfully this will help keep the noise down and heat out.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by clairer
havent got a clue about your options, but felt you should know -Im renting a house woth a tin roof and its noisey-it makes popping sounds on a night, somtimes it sounds like someone is on it climbing around! and in heavy rain its noisey too! I cant unerstand its so comman here, maybe the house Im in hasnt been done properly I dont know, but I wont be having put on my house!
Our rental was colourbond. It was so noisey the rain would keep us up or wake the kids up. Now have tiles and its much better.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

The reason metal roofs are more popular than tiles is because tiles are often damaged by hail storms.