Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Roof carpenters required in Perth

Roof carpenters required in Perth

Old Feb 17th 2005, 1:08 am
Go Banana's !!

Thumbs up Roof carpenters required in Perth

Just spoke to our builder and our roof carpenter has broke his leg !!!

We should be ok for a replacement but the builder is desperate for roof carpenters, says they are very hard to get hold of.

So if any of you out there know anyone who can start pdq then send me a pm.

All you guys still back in the uk, if you are roof carpenters there is loads of work out in Perth for you!!

Jill

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Dazlin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Roof carpenters required in Perth

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Just spoke to our builder and our roof carpenter has broke his leg !!!

We should be ok for a replacement but the builder is desperate for roof carpenters, says they are very hard to get hold of.

So if any of you out there know anyone who can start pdq then send me a pm.

All you guys still back in the uk, if you are roof carpenters there is loads of work out in Perth for you!!

Jill
Sorry mate wont be there till mid 2006,What do you do there truss or cut n pitch? I try to stay away from roofs because of the weather but do you think i will get work as a chippy in perth and what sort of money?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:14 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

So what training would I need to become a roof carpenter? Bear in mind I`m useless with my hands
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stormz
So what training would I need to become a roof carpenter? Bear in mind I`m useless with my hands

Never mind the Training to become a chippy.First of all you have to think am i daft enough to work in an average daily temp of 28 degrees all day

dave
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dazlin
Sorry mate wont be there till mid 2006,What do you do there truss or cut n pitch? I try to stay away from roofs because of the weather but do you think i will get work as a chippy in perth and what sort of money?

They do both truss and cut up (or stick as the locals call it).The traditional roof work is awesome plenty of respect to the Aussie lads,alot of them are done in hardwood,although i have heard jarrah is harder to find so they are going to pine.

Thats what i,ll be jumping on hopefully when we get there mid 2005.

I,ll just have to dig out my old roofing square

dave
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Frame and trusses are usually done by the same chippies

its usually frame trusses and fit out, all quoted as the same job. With the trusses pre made ready to be stood, usually takes 2 carpenters a day. Like most work here, qualified and licensed is all the builder can employ.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

pete hoy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chippy dave
They do both truss and cut up (or stick as the locals call it).The traditional roof work is awesome plenty of respect to the Aussie lads,alot of them are done in hardwood,although i have heard jarrah is harder to find so they are going to pine.

Thats what i,ll be jumping on hopefully when we get there mid 2005.

I,ll just have to dig out my old roofing square

dave
Hi All
We are arriving on the Gold Coast mid April does anyone know the average annual salary of a chippy is. Hope they work on measure as that,s what i,m used to.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

appyarry will become famous soon enough

im a carpenter thinking of moving to perth ..roofing everything.. but what is this licence thanks john
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

appyarry will become famous soon enough

can anyone inform me of the sort of monies i would be earning ??