Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Roma Street Parklands-Brisbane

Roma Street Parklands-Brisbane

Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Roma Street Parklands-Brisbane

Is it worth a visit ?
Does it have a cafe/restaurant ?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

jo1304 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Roma Street Parklands-Brisbane

Originally Posted by melaniee
Is it worth a visit ?
It certainly is, a lovely parkland area where many weddings are held, cant remember if the park has cafes but the surrounding shops and bus station etc do, which starts at Roma Street where you can wander down the hill towards the City (if my memory serves me well), and walk along to Southbanks Parklands area, great for a lovely stroll on flat ground, taking in all the views down the riverfront where you can pop into one of the many resturants and cafes. Take your cozzie for a swim at the lovely Kodak beach(if its still called that) and the salt water pool, a bit of seaside living in the city so to speak. A fantastic area and well kept.
If your heading to Roma Parklands then you cant miss Southbank, well worth the walk.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Roma Street Parklands-Brisbane

Thanks. I think Southbank is great. Is the best place to park in Southbank ? Had a fit when we parked there last ! Cost a fortune for the afternoon !

Originally Posted by jo1304
It certainly is, a lovely parkland area where many weddings are held, cant remember if the park has cafes but the surrounding shops and bus station etc do, which starts at Roma Street where you can wander down the hill towards the City (if my memory serves me well), and walk along to Southbanks Parklands area, great for a lovely stroll on flat ground, taking in all the views down the riverfront where you can pop into one of the many resturants and cafes. Take your cozzie for a swim at the lovely Kodak beach(if its still called that) and the salt water pool, a bit of seaside living in the city so to speak. A fantastic area and well kept.
If your heading to Roma Parklands then you cant miss Southbank, well worth the walk.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:48 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Is it worth a visit ?
Yes its definitely worth a vist. I'd lived in Brisbane for years before I bothered and its really beautiful. And yes, there is a cafe / restaurant / bar on the city side of the gardens. If you've got young kids there is a train ride around the gardens as well.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I think Southbank is great. Is the best place to park in Southbank ? Had a fit when we parked there last ! Cost a fortune for the afternoon !
Most of the underground car parks at Southbank are $12 on weekends for the whole day.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

So how come I paid $30 one Sunday afternoon !

Originally Posted by rabsody
Most of the underground car parks at Southbank are $12 on weekends for the whole day.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:31 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Is it worth a visit ?
It's fantastic!

They've also introduced what appear to be the next evolution of public BBQ's just by the large lake (they've got covers so no more bird-sh*t relish on your burger).

It does have a Cafe which is relatively expensive, run by a moody French (possibly New Caledonian?) woman. They make really nice muffins though.

We missed the RACQ BBQ event there a couple of weeks ago because Queenlsand Rail shut down the Cleveland line all weekend and we had promised our little lad a ride on the train (so we went to Southbank on the public holiday Monday (Queens birthday), using the train instead). I was gutted for our little boy as this was promising to be a great day out. He still asks us when he is going to see Dorothy from The Wiggles....DAMN YOU QUEENSLAND RAIL!!!!!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Park on Bouquet Street, right on the river (southside) behind the Paul's milk factory. Free parking all day. You can walk across the William Jolly bridge to Roma Street, 10 minutes tops, or alternatively walk over the Victoria Bridge at South Bank.

Easy..
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

don't know! thieving bastards!

if you go to the car park next to the new art gallery, goma, it's $12 all day.

hope that helps.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:44 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to go to the Parklands on Sunday, just park on the street in the city - it's generally pretty easy to get a space on Ann Street.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Hi - lots of the restaurants and pubs in Southbank will stamp your parking ticket - i think as long as you spend $25 .. so its worth bearing that in mind.
If you check on www.ourbrisbane.com you can check if this offer is still running.