Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Roll up, cheap flights - maybe!

Roll up, cheap flights - maybe!

Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roll up, cheap flights - maybe!

I've heard on the radio today that apparently BA and Emirates (and others)will be slashing their prices 'dramatically' in the new year, in many instances to 1980's prices. Now obviously no-one in their right mind will be going with BA, but Emirates would be useful.
Hope it's true. I'm due over next summer, so I'll certainly be waiting.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 2:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll up, cheap flights - maybe!

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
I've heard on the radio today that apparently BA and Emirates (and others)will be slashing their prices 'dramatically' in the new year, in many instances to 1980's prices. Now obviously no-one in their right mind will be going with BA, but Emirates would be useful.
I admit BA are pretty lousy, but I'd fly them over Emirates (just )
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Have we got a source?
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:13 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
Have we got a source?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ear-slump.html

Doesn't look too dramatic to me.....2005 prices maybe.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Would be pleasing. Emirates Perth Uk are 3500
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

in the late 80's it was more expensive than it is now!

I paid £1150 with BA in 89 and service sucked! Generally pay max 800 with Singapore now for 10 times the service and direct from Manchester!

Prices do need to be reviewed looking at how fuel prices have dropped, diesal down over 20p a litre now in last couple of months.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 12:17 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

If they can bring Australian proces down to UK price levels I'll be happy..

I'm sick of the fact that it costs 4 of us the same amount to fly to UK as it does for 6 of my family from UK to visit us here in Brisbane!!!

Particularly annoying when UK family are sick, old and unwilling to come and visit!
Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrCro
in the late 80's it was more expensive than it is now!
Almost agree though actually I don't believe prices have changed that much at all in 30 years.

I've always spent around the $2k mark for a return flight to the UK - in 1982, 1985, 1990, 1996 and 2005. Sometimes a little bit more and sometimes a little bit less but always roughly $2k.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Oh great! Just paid nearly $5000 for flights for my two girls! Hope the prices stay low for their next trip.....
Old Dec 24th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Oh great! Just paid nearly $5000 for flights for my two girls! Hope the prices stay low for their next trip.....
Flights at current prices are equivalent to 1980's prices, so some reserach today showed. And the prices theyt quoted were nothing major - the same as usual really, such as Sydney return at £699. Harldy mind blowing is it? I suspect it was a slow news day...
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

leeh36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I think I did alright today with 3 adults and 2 kids London to Perth in June 09 £1700 all in with Cathay Pacific

Lee
Old Dec 29th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leeh36
Well I think I did alright today with 3 adults and 2 kids London to Perth in June 09 £1700 all in with Cathay Pacific

Lee
That's fantastic. If I can get that I'll book straight away. Just looking at their website. Is that how you booked. What dates were you travelling. I am getting excited. At that price we would go back regardless of if hubby's contract for work comes up. We had quotes for over 10k for 2 adults 2 children and a newborn.

Thanks for posting.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
That's fantastic. If I can get that I'll book straight away. Just looking at their website. Is that how you booked. What dates were you travelling. I am getting excited. At that price we would go back regardless of if hubby's contract for work comes up. We had quotes for over 10k for 2 adults 2 children and a newborn.

Thanks for posting.
All flights coming out of Perth in June seem about $2,999
Old Dec 29th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
All flights coming out of Perth in June seem about $2,999
Wow got excited too quick. You are travelling London to Perth. That makes a huge difference.

The biggest problem is travelling Australia to UK. We pay a hell of a lot more. Something I didn't realise until I got here and looked at flights home!!
Old Dec 29th 2008, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

My daughters flights are heathrow to Sydney & still bloody expensive. Booked with Emirates cos we liked them and their unaccompanied child scheme looks good & free!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.