Rocklea?

Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rocklea?

Anyone know it, my sons just got an electrical apprentiship, (you need to celebrate this the interviews and exams went from feb to june!! ) and has to move there for 6 months, is it a bit rough is the main concern and how far is it to the city?

Never heard of it till today.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rocklea?

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Anyone know it, my sons just got an electrical apprentiship, (you need to celebrate this the interviews and exams went from feb to june!! ) and has to move there for 6 months, is it a bit rough is the main concern and how far is it to the city?

Never heard of it till today.

I used to live not far from Rocklea when I lived in Brissy and back then it wasnt the nicest of places to live. But having said that, areas around Rocklea were fine.

There are big markets in Rocklea and I know a few of the Biker Clubs have club houses around there ( Dont ask how I know this.... )

Does he need to live in Rocklea? Or just work there?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:46 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its working class, but as with lots of places in Brisbane, its improved in the last few years. Rents there would be cheap (which is why hes living there Im guessing), quite a bit of industrial factories etc in the area.

I wouldn't be buying him Wedgwood china for a housewarming present, but he could do worse.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:48 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh & its about 7kms from the CBD, would take 10-15 mins into the city out of peak hour traffic. Good rail link to the city & bus service as well.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, he has to work there and they are paying for his accom which will be in a motel, which one I dont know yet.

Bit worried now in 6 months I could be the mother of a hells angel or bandido Still I did bring him for the opportunities here
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:37 am
Rocket Scientist

Thanks, he has to work there and they are paying for his accom which will be in a motel, which one I dont know yet.

Bit worried now in 6 months I could be the mother of a hells angel or bandido Still I did bring him for the opportunities here
Ummmm I'd be more worried if he had to stay at a motel there, I can only imagine the type of, errrrr ...... clientelle they would have :scared: .
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Ummmm I'd be more worried if he had to stay at a motel there, I can only imagine the type of, errrrr ...... clientelle they would have :scared: .
OK mother of a bikie with a hooker as daughter in law :scared: and drug dealer in-laws. and grandkids called schapelle

It cant be too bad ( I hope ), 600+ people applied for 20 jobs and most of them will be staying in the motel too, they all had to pass 2 lots of exams and 3 interviews and one medical. At least its nearby, well 1.5 hours compared to a university place in far north queensland

Last edited by jad n rich; Jun 6th 2005 at 5:57 am.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:42 am
Rocket Scientist

OK mother of a bikie with a hooker as daughter in law :scared: and drug dealer in-laws. and grandkids called schapelle
And Mercedes .

The Highway Hotel is the roughest one in the area, cross your fingers its not that one! There's one on the next corner as well (can't remember the name now!) which is a little better but Im not sure if they do accommodation. Can't think of any motels actually in Rocklea, although I can think of a few in Oxley & Moorooka which are the next suburbs.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:56 am
Account Closed

And Mercedes .

There's one on the next corner as well (can't remember the name now!)

I used to work near the Chardons Cnr...ya dont mean that one??

That place was pretty rough!!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:57 am
Account Closed

Well lets just say, if he is there during the Bike Show season he will certainly grow up quick!!!!!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:00 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by Hels
I used to work near the Chardons Cnr...ya dont mean that one??

That place was pretty rough!!
LOL nahhhhh, technically Chardons Corner is Moorooka I think, I meant the Highway Hotel down near the markets where the truckies hang out .
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:01 am
Account Closed

LOL nahhhhh, technically Chardons Corner is Moorooka I think, I meant the Highway Hotel down near the markets where the truckies hang out .

hehehe

Nah, its actually Annerley. I worked at the CES there!!

They were great days!!!

Actually, thats how I know about the Bike Shows in Rocklea. We used to get the jobs for people to work behind the bars there and I used to get all my friends and we would do it for the night. Was a real hoot!!!!!!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:11 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by Hels
hehehe

Nah, its actually Annerley. I worked at the CES there!!

They were great days!!!

Actually, thats how I know about the Bike Shows in Rocklea. We used to get the jobs for people to work behind the bars there and I used to get all my friends and we would do it for the night. Was a real hoot!!!!!!

Yes, Annerley! Cos the CES was only a few doors up the road. And Greg Grants was across the road!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Let this thread be a warning to anyone asking if aus has rough areas,
and sincere apologies to anyone in Moorooka with a daughter called Mercedes

After his initial training, like many jobs he will have to go where the employer wants :scared: I could be back in 6 months asking does anyone know what Mount Isa's like.

Now if someone could just explain what your first born has to do to become an electrician in the UK I'd be most grateful
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

If we all club together we could buy him some leathers, a bandana, shades, medallion and a tash!

My friends lad (19) left home the other day on his birthday, she came into work and we all cried!!!! It was all very emotional and sad. We spent ages comforting her and explaining that his old room is her new gym! After about 3 hrs, she had a call on her mobile from the local plod asking her to come and get her son from the station! He'd apparently started partying the minute he left home and was a tad intoxicated (and abusive) to his new landlord, who promptly threw him out! So, he moved back in that evening! Now shes gutted she hasn't got a gym and is trying to find him somewhere else to live!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.