Reload this Page >

Rockingham: Perth.

Rockingham: Perth.

Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

katieandpaul74 will become famous soon enough
Default Rockingham: Perth.

Hello All,
We have our Visa and intend to be in Perth next June.... the problem we now have is where to live??

I have a job in Freemantle, we have friends in Secret Harbour, and would like to live somewhere in between ie Rockingham area . We have two little boys, aged nearly 5 and nearly 2, so the same old good neighbourhood and schools apply. We have been looking at Safety Bay ........ does anyone know this area??? Any ideas/tips gratefully recieved.

We did a reccie visit in Feb and loved the area of Rockingham, as it seemed pretty central to the areas we liked.

Many thanks
Katie and Paul
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice
Default Re: Rockingham: Perth.

Sorry i cant help, but like yourselves we hope to head to perth, secret harbour, port kennedy sort of area and have two young girls, 3 and 6 years. So will be interested to see what responses you may get!

Good luck
Old Aug 21st 2009, 2:09 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

hello katie paul and lois I live in port kennedy and its right in between rockingham and secret harbour. There are lots of primary schools to choose from with some private ones too if you wanted to go that way. Its nice and central to lots of places. No, its not like living in the centre of london/manchester etc but more like living in a small town on the outskirts of the city if you know what I mean. the local facilities are great with lots for your age kids to do, clubs for sport, dancing, surfing etc etc.
Fremantle is approx 30 min drive away so is fine for your commute to work. Mandurah is just 15mins drive away and Perth city is only 40 mins drive up the freeway so plenty of options for you there. I could waffle on but if there is anything specific you'd like to know just give me a shout
Old Aug 21st 2009, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

katieandpaul74 will become famous soon enough

Thank you so much for your replies, Pork Kennedy is another area we have looked at. We come from a little sea side town in Dorset, and don't want to live in a big city!!! We have so much to decide, all a bit scary..... but exciting!!

Katie and Paul
Old Aug 21st 2009, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Griffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really nice

Having seen your post I decided to check out Rockingham on one of the proerty websites. Looks really nice!!! Am releved to read that the commute into the city is not too bad as that was a concern looking at it on the map.

Thanks to the OP for posting this question as it has brought a new area to the growing list to explore and thanks to the poster replying about the commute times......

All the best with your moves all.....

Old Aug 24th 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

ernie24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katieandpaul74
Hello All,
We have our Visa and intend to be in Perth next June.... the problem we now have is where to live??

I have a job in Freemantle, we have friends in Secret Harbour, and would like to live somewhere in between ie Rockingham area . We have two little boys, aged nearly 5 and nearly 2, so the same old good neighbourhood and schools apply. We have been looking at Safety Bay ........ does anyone know this area??? Any ideas/tips gratefully recieved.

We did a reccie visit in Feb and loved the area of Rockingham, as it seemed pretty central to the areas we liked.

Many thanks
Katie and Paul
I can't tell you much but we are moving to Safety Bay in November and I think it's a great place with lovely beaches!

Good luck!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by katieandpaul74
Hello All,

Many thanks
Katie and Paul
Safety Bay is one of the older suburbs of Rockingham. It would not be my first choice if I wanted to move in the area. Shopping is not as convenient as for somebody (eg me) who lives in Port Kennedy, where everything is at your door step. My preference would be Settlers Hill in Baldivis if I wanted to live in the Rockingham Shire. Travelling to Freo from Baldivis is a bit easier, it is close to the train station and freeway. Properties in Settlers Hill are better maintained than the older parts of Rockingham, at least in my opinion.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

daniellemc will become famous soon enoughdaniellemc will become famous soon enough

Oooooh how exciting, we are looking at Port Kennedy area too! We go in December to look around a bit more. Strangely enough when we travelled around Oz, this was one place we didnt go to yet we have decided on going there!
Good luck, please let us know how you get on...
Danielle
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - i thought about Rockingham when i was moving out but discounted it after visiting. Today i have driven from Bunbury to Mandurah and then along the coast through Port Kenedy, Safety bay etc and the best place i saw along the way was a smaller place called Golden Bay. its much older and i felt had more character. (not knocking all the new 'estates' cos i live in one here but Golden Bay was beautiful
Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Now thinking of Baldivis, anyone got any advice or opinions on this area?
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road

oh good luck we are planning on going to rockingham not decided exactly where planning a reccie maybe november? miove out summer next year too

also have 2 children both boys aged 4 and 7
would be good to keep in touch

marie x
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lois1
Now thinking of Baldivis, anyone got any advice or opinions on this area?
Baldivis covers quite a large area, it's in principle on top of a 'hilly range', deviding the beach suburbs from the 'hinterland'.

The longest developped estate in Baldivis is Settlers Hill, between Baldivis Road, Safety Bay Road and Eighty Road. It's my favourite estate. Adjacent to the south you have 'The Ridge' and another new estate plus 'Avalon Estate' which is in its first 2 stages. These estates are a bit far for shopping etc. Across Baldivis Road from Settlers Hill is 'Rivergum Estate', which is built on swamp land and from October onwards a lot of traffic on the right side of it from the new freeway. In summer it is very hot because it's at the bottom of the 'hill range'.

Next to the south is a new estate called 'Heritage Park', across to the left is 'Highbury Park' which I really like because a number of blocks have views. Between Settlers Hill and Highbury I think is Tuart Estate.

North of Safety Bay Road are 3 other new estates, one is called Baldivis Central (smaler blocks and houses), then there is 'Baldivis North' and 'The Dales'. The last two are very new.

One estate 'Sherwood Forest' has quarter acre blocks in the middle of the forrest.

So, the whole of Baldivis will be built up at one point in the future depending on the speed land owners sell there acres. The very nice new shopping centre is also growing by the day.

Easy excess to freeway and not too far to the train. Summers are a bit warmer than in those suburbs along the coast.

Some of the estates you can look up here http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...le-def&tc=w302
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

ARRRRRRGH I don't post here anymore, I just lurk... but I can't resist this one...

We live in Rockingham, ... 5 minutes walk to beach, 5 minutes walk to city centre. Train to Perth CBD takes 25 minutes and fantastic schools (not over subscribed like in some areas) beautiful beaches (safe pommie swimming beaches) and REAL people... drive to freo in 30 minutes..

Love the bloody place... wouldn't live anywhere else
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eddie007
ARRRRRRGH I don't post here anymore, I just lurk... but I can't resist this one...

We live in Rockingham, ... 5 minutes walk to beach, 5 minutes walk to city centre. Train to Perth CBD takes 25 minutes and fantastic schools (not over subscribed like in some areas) beautiful beaches (safe pommie swimming beaches) and REAL people... drive to freo in 30 minutes..

Love the bloody place... wouldn't live anywhere else
If you like the place so much, you should come to the brand new cafe in Rocky Hospital. We make very tasty, big Hamburgers and very reasonable priced (not after 2pm). Lunchtime is very busy with staff orders. The place is run by volunteers.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Evelin
Baldivis covers quite a large area, it's in principle on top of a 'hilly range', deviding the beach suburbs from the 'hinterland'.

The longest developped estate in Baldivis is Settlers Hill, between Baldivis Road, Safety Bay Road and Eighty Road. It's my favourite estate. Adjacent to the south you have 'The Ridge' and another new estate plus 'Avalon Estate' which is in its first 2 stages. These estates are a bit far for shopping etc. Across Baldivis Road from Settlers Hill is 'Rivergum Estate', which is built on swamp land and from October onwards a lot of traffic on the right side of it from the new freeway. In summer it is very hot because it's at the bottom of the 'hill range'.

Next to the south is a new estate called 'Heritage Park', across to the left is 'Highbury Park' which I really like because a number of blocks have views. Between Settlers Hill and Highbury I think is Tuart Estate.

North of Safety Bay Road are 3 other new estates, one is called Baldivis Central (smaler blocks and houses), then there is 'Baldivis North' and 'The Dales'. The last two are very new.

One estate 'Sherwood Forest' has quarter acre blocks in the middle of the forrest.

So, the whole of Baldivis will be built up at one point in the future depending on the speed land owners sell there acres. The very nice new shopping centre is also growing by the day.

Easy excess to freeway and not too far to the train. Summers are a bit warmer than in those suburbs along the coast.

Some of the estates you can look up here http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...le-def&tc=w302
Thank you, you have been most helpful and i have studied the link!

With two your girls (currently aged 3 and 6). what areas do you think would be suitable for families, recreational parks, schools and not too far from the shops etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.