Rockingham Perth

Rockingham Perth

Old Jun 20th 2004, 9:21 am
kg
Forum Regular

kg is on a distinguished road
Default Rockingham Perth

Hello all,
Can anyone give us a bit of info on nice areas of Rockingham and Secondary schools in or near here.

We are aiming for Perth as soon as our visas arrive and just wondering about nice areas to live, preferably near to the sea! Any info gratefully received!

Last edited by kg; Jun 20th 2004 at 9:27 am.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rockingham Perth

Originally posted by kg
Hello all,
Can anyone give us a bit of info on nice areas of Rockingham and Secondary schools in or near here.

We are aiming for Perth as soon as our visas arrive and just wondering about nice areas to live, preferably near to the sea! Any info gratefully received!

Hi kg, we are also looking to go to Rockingham by August this year.

Try the link below it's got loads of info about Rockingham.

http://www.annabella.net/rockingham.html

What visa have you applied for and how far along the process are you?
Old Jun 20th 2004, 12:49 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by kg
Hello all,

We intended to head to the Rockingham area until we got here. The South of Perth is quite industrial, and the view of the sea is spoiled by heavy structures built in, and close to the sea. We went North of Perth in the end, and dont regret it for one minute.

Try areas like: Ocean Reef, Mullaloo, Hillarys, Sorrento, North Beach, Scarboro.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 3:04 pm
kg
Forum Regular

we are applying via a skilled sponsored visa and hope to be on the move around spring 2005.

Thanks for those areas - i'm surfing all around now and the anabelle site is a good un!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

we live in port kennedy which is just below rockingham , we have lived here since november and it is in a nice spot, close to beach, shops etc, schools - need anymore info give us a shout
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:26 am
kg
Forum Regular

Default thanks

Yes please! what is the secondary school like? We have a daughter who's just going into secondary school this sept. and a son who's going into year 9. Both are looking forward to Aussie life but naturally worried about leaving school and friends. Any info would be great.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

have e mailed you
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hi
We live in Port Kennedy and love it here, no experience with primary schools, but my boys go to the local high school and are doing very well.

yve
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:18 am
kg
Forum Regular

Hi there,
Which secondary school is it please? I have two kids who will both be in secondary so any info would be good.

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by kg
Hi there,
Which secondary school is it please? I have two kids who will both be in secondary so any info would be good.

My boys go to Warnbro Community High School, there website is www.warnbro.wa.edu.au, Im pleased with the school so far, some of the language Ive heard even from teachers is colourful, but it's so laid back, very different from the boys secondary school in the UK, but if we chose to live here, it's the aussie education thats important.

yve
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:46 pm
kg
Forum Regular

Thanks Yve,
The uniform is so much more practical than ours! who needs a shirt tie and bloody blazer! I like the look of this one!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:36 am
Just Joined

EarlyConvict is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
We intended to head to the Rockingham area until we got here. The South of Perth is quite industrial, and the view of the sea is spoiled by heavy structures built in, and close to the sea. We went North of Perth in the end, and dont regret it for one minute.

Try areas like: Ocean Reef, Mullaloo, Hillarys, Sorrento, North Beach, Scarboro.
Well...... That opinion is simply lacking credibility.

Your view of Rockingham is not even half true. The northern beaches (Rockingham and Palm Beach) do face the RAN base at Garden Island and it is possible to see signs of industry in the distance but it still is a pretty impressive outlook. No smoke, no noise and barely a blip on the horizon!

HOWEVER, on the western side, namely Shoalwater Bay, you have absolutely uninterrupted ocean and island views that are to die for. On the southern side you have Warnbro, Waikiki and Safety Bay beaches which are just as pristine as Shoalwater. No signs of industry anywhere nearby!

Don't get confused with Kwinana which is industrialised and east of Rockingham - and that has virtually no effect on Rockingham in any case. Because the wind most often blows from the west, there is basically zero pollution in the Rockingham, Shoalwater, Warnbro, Waikiki and Safety Bay regions.

AND! I would rate the coast at Rockingham much more varied, more interesting and more attractive than the coast that borders the northern suburbs of Perth. No contest!

Having said all that, the northern suburbs mentioned are pretty impressive locations as well. Perth beaches are as numerous as they are awesome.

Rod

Last edited by EarlyConvict; Sep 21st 2005 at 8:49 am.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally Posted by EarlyConvict
Well...... That opinion is simply lacking credibility.

Your view of Rockingham is not even half true. The northern beaches (Rockingham and Palm Beach) do face the RAN base at Garden Island and it is possible to see signs of industry in the distance but it still is a pretty impressive outlook. No smoke, no noise and barely a blip on the horizon!

HOWEVER, on the western side, namely Shoalwater Bay, you have absolutely uninterrupted ocean and island views that are to die for. On the southern side you have Warnbro, Waikiki and Safety Bay beaches which are just as pristine as Shoalwater. No signs of industry anywhere nearby!

Don't get confused with Kwinana which is industrialised and east of Rockingham - and that has virtually no effect on Rockingham in any case. Because the wind most often blows from the west, there is basically zero pollution in the Rockingham, Shoalwater, Warnbro, Waikiki and Safety Bay regions.

AND! I would rate the coast at Rockingham much more varied, more interesting and more attractive than the coast that borders the northern suburbs of Perth. No contest!

Having said all that, the northern suburbs mentioned are pretty impressive locations as well. Perth beaches are as numerous as they are awesome.

Rod
Hiya Rod

I have to agree completely with you there. I think the problem is though, when people are here for a recce and they drive down, they have to pass the Kwinana industrial strip to get to Rockingham and I think people find it hard to get that image out of their heads, so dismiss the whole area as "industrial"...which is a shame as Kwinana is a good 10-15 mins drive away from Rockingham!!

Personally I think that the Rocky foreshore's views are pretty amazing, and of course we always get the dolphins in the shallows, but again I have to agree that Shoalwater and safety bay downwards is some of the most amazing coastline that I've seen here so far!...of course I'm a local so I'm biased!!

I feel like I'm the only one to defend Rockingham most of the time, so it's good that I have another ally!!!

Again you are completely right with the lack of pollution etc...if you watch the weather, its not very often we get the winds blowing the pollution south..it usually blown inland and upwards!!

This is an old thread though, so not sure we should keep it going!!

love sophia xxx
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:49 am
Just Joined

EarlyConvict is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sophia
Hiya Rod

I have to agree completely with you there. I think the problem is though, when people are here for a recce and they drive down, they have to pass the Kwinana industrial strip to get to Rockingham and I think people find it hard to get that image out of their heads, so dismiss the whole area as "industrial"...which is a shame as Kwinana is a good 10-15 mins drive away from Rockingham!!

Personally I think that the Rocky foreshore's views are pretty amazing, and of course we always get the dolphins in the shallows, but again I have to agree that Shoalwater and safety bay downwards is some of the most amazing coastline that I've seen here so far!...of course I'm a local so I'm biased!!

I feel like I'm the only one to defend Rockingham most of the time, so it's good that I have another ally!!!

Again you are completely right with the lack of pollution etc...if you watch the weather, its not very often we get the winds blowing the pollution south..it usually blown inland and upwards!!

This is an old thread though, so not sure we should keep it going!!

love sophia xxx
HiYa WonderWoman!

Thanks for the support. I do get annoyed when someone 'slags off' on a subject on which they know very little. Rockingham has often been labelled as a heavy industrial area, which in reality that is just an illusion. BUT, the opinion still persists in the minds of some.

I also have to admit being a bit fond of the Rockingham area ever since I came here on holidays from Kalgoorlie as a five year old. I can still close my eyes and smell the ocean from when I did swimming lessons right next to the Palm Beach jetty. I don't live there now (and never have) but I do have a house in Shoalwater that I love dearly and I get down that way as often as I can.

Hey! What a team we make! EarlyConvict and WonderWoman! The dynamic duo! The great defenders of the faith. The Rockingham super heros! Nice to have you as an ally Sophie.

I am brand new to the BritishExpats discussion forum and I was just reacting to some old postings. I can see that I should now concentrate on recent threads.

Take care.

Rod