Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rockingham-Mandurah:Anyone living the dream here!

Wikiposts

Rockingham-Mandurah:Anyone living the dream here!

Old Apr 7th 2004, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We don't want to let everyone on here know that this area is so wonderful. We visited in January & loved Mandurah & secret harbour. We are off 3/1 & hope to find somewhere near either but maybe with a decent amount of land (this is due to the fact that we have a postage stamp of a garden & have always wanted some land) any suggestions from people on here?? We have seen a couple of nice prpoerties on Country rd - mandurah - is it OK there?

keep the place a secret!!!!

cheers

pockygoes
Old Apr 7th 2004, 9:20 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debio
Can't get on it Whiskey-could you post it here again for me.
whisky without the e

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rst+instalment
Old Apr 7th 2004, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Can't get on it Whiskey-could you post it here again for me.

Its under 'Crabtree first instalment'.

Whisky
Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah yeah without the 'e' -did notice but didn't think it was such a sin

i still can't open it though,whisky without the 'e'
Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:21 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

yeah yeah without the 'e' -did notice but didn't think it was such a sin

i still can't open it though,whisky without the 'e'
Yeah, but if you where doing a search for Whiskey, you wouldn't have found any relevant posts....

Click on the link I gave above. That's the thread!!
Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Did you find it or are you still reading through it?

Whisky
Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

OK got it now followed Simones link-diolch yn fawr i ti: thank you.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Simone82
Yeah, but if you where doing a search for Whiskey, you wouldn't have found any relevant posts....

Click on the link I gave above. That's the thread!!

I did find the thread,but it wouldn't open for me-but now i've gone through your link it's working- thanks for that
Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by whisky
Did you find it or are you still reading through it?

Whisky

I'm still reading-you are an excellent poster.
What a wonderful thread to read-thank you ever so much.How is the restaurant shaping up-have you had many visits off folks on the forum that have made it over.

I'm continuing my read now
Old Apr 8th 2004, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Finished it Whisky--I want more its like reading a novel.You can't wait to find out whats in the next chapter.

Bloody brill reading girl
Old Apr 8th 2004, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for taking the time to read it, and I am pleased you liked it.

There are lots of things here that make me glad to hasve made the move.
My Cousin has been out here for 3 weeks, and was going home late on Sunday evening, so we decided that on our last day we would go out and do some fishing. We were stood at the end of the jetty. We could actually see the herring clearly in the water and as we threw our reels, they were biting straight away. We had caught 26 herring between 4 of us.
We stopped to have a coffee before we cleared up, when a very large female dolphin and its baby came right up to the waters edge where we were sitting. My brother threw a herring back into the water just in front of the female and she took it. It was so fantastic that we threw 14 of our catch back into the water for this dolphin. My cousin took some fantasic photos, and we had a great last day together.

We are always off somewhere or another on our time off, and there always seems to be something that makes the trip worth while.

Whisky
Old Apr 8th 2004, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Wow ! you are very lucky.What you just said about the dolphins would be a dream come true for my son.He wants to be a marine biologist -and oz seems a great place for him to follow his dream.

Tell me about the restaurant-how is it all shaping up?By the way i love the name of it.No-one would guess the sentimentality behind it though.

Do you know anything about Halls head from personal experience?

Debi
Old Apr 8th 2004, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

I live at Halls Head. Some very nice houses on some good sized blocks.

You must take your son to Bunbury to see the Dolphins. I have been there 3 times now taking one or another and I love it more each time.
The 2nd time I went out on the boat, the dolphins had come across a shoal of herring and were working as a team to catch them. What a fantastic experience.
Last time i went, which was last week with my cousin, we made the trip down to Bunbury early as if you get there before 8.30 a couple of them come in and swim around you.
There is also a trip for you to beable to swim with them there.
The boat trip was fantastic. I would go out on it everyday if I could.

The Restaurant is going fine. We are expecting a very busy weekend ahead with it being Easter.

Do you have children?

There is a very good School here for year 8 - 10. It is callled Halls Head Community College.
My daughter loves it and tells me that the teachers are very 'Cool' whatever that means.
The kids learn Japanese here.

If there is anything specific you want to know, you can PM me and I will try and answer anything I can.

Whisky
Old Apr 8th 2004, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

you may like to look at

www.mandurahmigrant.com.au
Old Apr 8th 2004, 2:24 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whiskey,
Its good to hear how you're doing, I really enjoyed your posts when you arrived, though I understand why you choose not to post so much.
Glad its working out for you,
Michaela

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.