Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

rockingham/mandurah

rockingham/mandurah

Old Apr 28th 2006, 7:24 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Smile rockingham/mandurah

Hi all

well i was wondering does anyone out there that can give me some good info on these 2 places where do you think is the best place what is your own preference whats best for work the best for things to do shops e.t.c. or any other things that you can tell me.

a good friend of mine is letting us stay with them for a short time till we get a place so just looking for your own thoughts on the both areas.

john
Old Apr 28th 2006, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

NUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant future
Default Re: rockingham/mandurah

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Hi all

well i was wondering does anyone out there that can give me some good info on these 2 places where do you think is the best place what is your own preference whats best for work the best for things to do shops e.t.c. or any other things that you can tell me.

a good friend of mine is letting us stay with them for a short time till we get a place so just looking for your own thoughts on the both areas.

john
hi, new to this site and also applying to clear off to oz, ive been on holiday twice in the last year (Kelmscott, near Perth) and have stayed in both places, i have to say Mandurah beats Rockingham hands down!

lots more to do, lots of shops, night life good etc although depends on how quiet you like it,

cheers, vince
Old Apr 29th 2006, 1:44 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

Hi

thanks a lot god its hard to pick hearing all of the different views so is there more to do in mandurah is it a large place to stay what about employment is there much going about do you know. god we are stressed out we were mainly going for mandurah .dont know which area though what area halls head e.t.c.
john
Old Apr 29th 2006, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point

would,nt say mandurah is a large place but saying that we have been here 7 years now and the difference is just amazing, it is a lovely place to live. with regard to employment, depends on what you do, what area would you be wanting to work in? halls head is a nice area as is dawsville, bouvard, meadow springs, silversands, some parts of green fields, also how close you want to be to the ocean greatly affects the price have a look at www.propertyguide.com.au give you an idea

Try not to stress easier said than done I know your love it in Mandurah
Hi

thanks a lot god its hard to pick hearing all of the different views so is there more to do in mandurah is it a large place to stay what about employment is there much going about do you know. god we are stressed out we were mainly going for mandurah .dont know which area though what area halls head e.t.c.
john
Old Apr 29th 2006, 6:36 am
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Hi there,

Work-wise it depends on what you do. I would say if you lived in Rockingham it would still be a viable commute in the car (and by the new train when it arrives) to Perth and the CBD. Mandurah 20/30 mins further south and for me that would rule out a daily commute to Perth, it might not worry others so much.

Both places have their pros and cons - both former holiday places, both have nice beaches (would say Mandurah's are a bit nicer) both have restaurants etc (although Mandurah has more of this stuff).

On the negative side, both places do have areas of cheaper housing and these areas do have some of the problems associated with low income areas. But there are also expensive properties in both places too!

Michelle
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:29 am
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

I commute to Perth from Mandurah every day so it can be done. It does take just over an hour but if you don't mind the drive it's fine. And it's an easy drive - it's pretty much a straight road! The train will soon (!) be here so there will be that option too.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 2:21 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

Smile Re: rockingham/mandurah

hi again,

well when it comes to work we are both barbers to trade but of course if we cannot get work we wil do anything but is there much work to go around

john
Old Apr 30th 2006, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point

hi again,

well when it comes to work we are both barbers to trade but of course if we cannot get work we wil do anything but is there much work to go around

john
Theres hairdresser in the forum shopping centre in Mandurah looking for people now