Wikiposts

Rockhampton

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice
Default Rockhampton

Looking at Rockhampton now and would love to know a little more about it. I see that there is an agricultural laboratory there because of the local cattle. Does anybody work at the lab or the local hospital? Any info appreciated
Louise.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:19 am
Aussie in Hertfordshire

moocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rockhampton

lovely big country town near the coast. founded because of several gold rushes in the 19th century. beautiful islands off the coast.

nice climat as its mostly warm and dry. winters are nice with warm (22ish) sunny days, crisp nights.

lots of history if you know where to look www.cqhistory.com

I lived there for many years as did my family and was never board as we went to the beach quite a bit. fishing - they have a bariundi contest every year (watch out for the crocodiles!). lots of 4WDing. lots of older houses with big yards/gardens. the local botanical gardens and zoo is one of the best in the country.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

Thanks for the info We dont seem to be having much luck on info regarding scientific work and it is nice to find out more about the smaller towns in QLD. Hope you are enjoying England! Louise
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:37 am
Aussie in Hertfordshire

moocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant future

what sort of job are you after? the town has a reasonable sized public hospital and several private ones.