Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

rock and chocolate

rock and chocolate

Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about
Default rock and chocolate

Hello
We are returning to Oz next week and we wondered if we would be allowed to take back sticks of Rock and Chocolate with us for presents, as we have a couple of friends that swear Cadburys tastes different over there!
I am not sure if sweets are counted as food stuffs and organic products, whic are not allowed!
look forward to hearing from you
Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rock and chocolate

Originally Posted by katiesel
Hello
We are returning to Oz next week and we wondered if we would be allowed to take back sticks of Rock and Chocolate with us for presents, as we have a couple of friends that swear Cadburys tastes different over there!
I am not sure if sweets are counted as food stuffs and organic products, whic are not allowed!
Thanks
Not sure about the rock (can't see there being a problem) but the chocolate - no problem!!

We had chocolate, crisps and teabags crammed into our cases (in fact they took up nearly all the space in one of the cases) - the customs guy just laughed and said "we sell that stuff here you know".

Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:34 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

People might think this is a stupid question but what is ROCK?? Do you meand the hard stuff that kids throw at trains? Or perhaps its some type of food here in the UK? Or are you referrin to crack cocaine??
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
People might think this is a stupid question but what is ROCK?? Do you meand the hard stuff that kids throw at trains? Or perhaps its some type of food here in the UK? Or are you referrin to crack cocaine??
A stick of rock- sort of minty sweety that you get form the seaside. have a look at this http://www.britishcandy.com/british_...e_rock1966.htm. Not the crack cocaine really dont think that would get thru customs!!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:18 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black cat
A stick of rock- sort of minty sweety that you get form the seaside. have a look at this http://www.britishcandy.com/british_...e_rock1966.htm. Not the crack cocaine really dont think that would get thru customs!!!
Ohhhhhhh....thats what it is!!

Someone in Herne Bay offered me some 'seaside rock' and I thought he was trying to sell me drugs!!!

silly ole me!!

You english people sure have funny names for things!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Ohhhhhhh....thats what it is!!

Someone in Herne Bay offered me some 'seaside rock' and I thought he was trying to sell me drugs!!!

silly ole me!!

You english people sure have funny names for things!!
What's it called in aus then?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

JulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of light

Hello
Thanks
We always take chocolates and sweets with us when visiting our friends in Australia and it's not a problem. You have to declare it but that's quite useful in itself as we find the queues tend to be shorter! Most times we have just been waved through without them checking once we've explained it's just sweets and chocolates.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:23 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

What's it called in aus then?
Dunno, I've never seen it but it's probably called something like:

'HARD CANDY STICKS'

so everyone knows what it is!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:24 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
Thanks
My friend bought chocolate over in her case, dont know if she declared it or not, ut she got stopped and had her case searched LOL, they let her through and i got my GALAXY chocolate!!!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dunno, I've never seen it but it's probably called something like:

'HARD CANDY STICKS'

so everyone knows what it is!
sounds like something you can buy in certain Canberra shops!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:36 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Touche black cat ....touche !!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:36 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

AH here in WA we know them as Vibrators
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:45 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Originally Posted by Sam
AH here in WA we know them as Vibrators
Oh God blck cat - do you have to drag this sort of filth into all forums

filth....utter filth.......

Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Never seen rock here, though after 20 years in Brighton I love the stuff and so have looked very hard! Seems to be unknown in Qld for certain as The Bloke had never seen it, or nor had mates at work.
You can certainly bring it in with no problem, same with chocolate. I bring back several sticks whenever I go home. Just make sure you declare it and you'll be fine.

You deserve an award by the way - chocolate is a very common subject but I don't remember discussing rock before

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 18th 2007 at 1:50 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh God blck cat - do you have to drag this sort of filth into all forums

filth....utter filth.......

I wasnt the one who mentioned the 'V' word it other people who bought that up!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.