Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

robina or pacific pines?

robina or pacific pines?

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:25 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point
Default robina or pacific pines?

hi all our destination is goldcoast but unsure which out of these two areas would suit us best robina or pacific pines. anyone with any knowlege or views on either would be a great help we have 6 kids to keep happy starting at 18 months 3, 6, 10, 11 and 17 thanks
lesley
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:13 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: robina or pacific pines?

Have a look at Coomera,Upper Coomera too,i work up that way and ive been impressed with the areas when i drive through them.Im sure they will be reasonably priced areas too.From there you will be 5 mins from all the theme parks exept Seaworld.You'll keep the kids happy for sure.

Robina and the Pines are nice too but i think Robina is more expensive.I could be wrong.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search, there has been many posts with the same query recently

Mandy
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by brido
Have a look at Coomera,Upper Coomera too,i work up that way and ive been impressed with the areas when i drive through them.Im sure they will be reasonably priced areas too.From there you will be 5 mins from all the theme parks exept Seaworld.You'll keep the kids happy for sure.

Robina and the Pines are nice too but i think Robina is more expensive.I could be wrong.
thanks guys just wondered if anyone on this site had moved to either of these areas?
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

johnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to all

Hi We are also headed for GC with just 2 girls 12 and 14. We are looking at Robina, Pac Pines or Helensvale. Robina is more established but more expensive. Pac PInes seems to be cheaper with lots going on and we thought might be easier to get established in a newer community? Also we need to decide on schools, state or private (not sure we can affordthe latter). Robina and Pac Pines High seem to get similar results - 2005 and 2006 year 12 results available for all queensland schools at www.qsa.qld.edu.au. Also there is a book available called 'where to live guide' and the GC one covers 90 suburbs. We ordered from Oz £23 and arrived in less than a week with a phone no of the suppliers if we wanted more info. You can also download PDF files off their webs site - you pay for each suburb but I decided was easier to just have the book. Web site is www.wheretolive.info

Hope that all helps, it is such a huge decission, our house is sold here, we need a short term rent till we leave early Dec, then short term rent on GC till we buy, find jobs and schools Oh and convince 14 year old she does want to come with us!!

Ever thought you might be slightly mad:

Ali eek:
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by johnpod
Hi We are also headed for GC with just 2 girls 12 and 14. We are looking at Robina, Pac Pines or Helensvale. Robina is more established but more expensive. Pac PInes seems to be cheaper with lots going on and we thought might be easier to get established in a newer community? Also we need to decide on schools, state or private (not sure we can affordthe latter). Robina and Pac Pines High seem to get similar results - 2005 and 2006 year 12 results available for all queensland schools at www.qsa.qld.edu.au. Also there is a book available called 'where to live guide' and the GC one covers 90 suburbs. We ordered from Oz £23 and arrived in less than a week with a phone no of the suppliers if we wanted more info. You can also download PDF files off their webs site - you pay for each suburb but I decided was easier to just have the book. Web site is www.wheretolive.info

Hope that all helps, it is such a huge decission, our house is sold here, we need a short term rent till we leave early Dec, then short term rent on GC till we buy, find jobs and schools Oh and convince 14 year old she does want to come with us!!

Ever thought you might be slightly mad:

Ali eek:
hi ali you can try www.sunriserelocations.com.au email the owner jayne she will help find short or long term rentals etc and her fees are very good.
she is also very nice which helps. will have a look at the site you mentioned for book and think pacific pines is where we will start get more for our money there
lesley