Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Robin Cook: Sad news

Robin Cook: Sad news

Old Aug 7th 2005, 3:30 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Default Robin Cook: Sad news

Robin Cook, U.K. forign secretary died yesterday
We all over Asia saw the gentleman giving a such awe'some speach while resigning his post before Iraq War. Standing firm on not to go for war, and he seems helpless since Tony had made his mind, so he took his final option to resign. I was working with a company in India, I was so much impressed by his speech and the way he conveyed his opposition to the war. The next day at office we exchanged mail w/ each other and talking almost the day about what he has done and why Mr. Tony is going for war.
I have Mr. Robin's speech in my person folder at my home. I couldn't get it here.
I am not sure how many (youngsters) have heard his speeach or his proceedings in Parliament. But I am sure elders will laud his contibution to the U.K. Society as a whole.
Though they may be winning the sports, Its a great loss for the U.K. Politically.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 3:57 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robin Cook: Sad news

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Robin Cook, U.K. forign secretary died yesterday
We all over Asia saw the gentleman giving a such awe'some speach while resigning his post before Iraq War. Standing firm on not to go for war, and he seems helpless since Tony had made his mind, so he took his final option to resign. I was working with a company in India, I was so much impressed by his speech and the way he conveyed his opposition to the war. The next day at office we exchanged mail w/ each other and talking almost the day about what he has done and why Mr. Tony is going for war.
I have Mr. Robin's speech in my person folder at my home. I couldn't get it here.
I am not sure how many (youngsters) have heard his speeach or his proceedings in Parliament. But I am sure elders will laud his contibution to the U.K. Society as a whole.
Though they may be winning the sports, Its a great loss for the U.K. Politically.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4127654.stm

a great loss.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 5:13 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by walla1
Agree.

A extremely intelligent man with considerable foresight. Much naturally intelligent and naturally brighter than anyone else in the LP. A sad day when someones gives up their life for something they believe in and then die so young, so sudden.

Only reason he wasn't leader was cos he looked like a gnome.

Bet he didn't do much fishing

Old Aug 7th 2005, 5:23 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Agree.

A extremely intelligent man with considerable foresight. Much naturally intelligent and naturally brighter than anyone else in the LP. A sad day when someones gives up their life for something they believe in and then die so young, so sudden.

Only reason he wasn't leader was cos he looked like a gnome.

Bet he didn't do much fishing
or an elf.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 5:32 am
Phoenixuk2oz

or an elf.
Guess you watched "The Office" too

So what's the difference

Old Aug 7th 2005, 5:40 am
Keeping it fairly real

Guess you watched "The Office" too

So what's the difference

elfs are much better at politics

or so my gnome friend says.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 5:43 am
Phoenixuk2oz

elfs are much better at politics

or so my gnome friend says.
Lol. Who cares.

I'd rather go fishin than sit in the house of commons

So which one's got pointy ears and where can I find one

Politician that is

Old Aug 7th 2005, 5:47 am
Keeping it fairly real

Lol. Who cares.

I'd rather go fishin than sit in the house of commons

So which one's got pointy ears and where can I find one

Politician that is
do a google I think elfs have more pointy ears or so my gnome in the garden reckons.

he talks to me you know.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 6:08 am
Phoenixuk2oz

do a google I think elfs have more pointy ears or so my gnome in the garden reckons.

he talks to me you know.
Really! I think it's the beer m8

Has his Ex wifey spoken up yet?

She had a lot to say while he was alive

[not the gnomes, I mean Robin's ]

Old Aug 7th 2005, 6:12 am
Keeping it fairly real

Really! I think it's the beer m8

Has his Ex wifey spoken up yet?

She had a lot to say while he was alive

[not the gnomes, I mean Robin's ]
no, I don't think she's made a statement yet.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 6:13 am
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough

Can't seem to understand why it is on this website when anyone seems to die someone starts a post about it and then we have everyone else posting there views about a person they have never met sorry just seems a bit morbid to me Dont mean to step on anyones toes about it its just the way i feel.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 6:17 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by Homer
Can't seem to understand why it is on this website when anyone seems to die someone starts a post about it and then we have everyone else posting there views about a person they have never met sorry just seems a bit morbid to me Dont mean to step on anyones toes about it its just the way i feel.
it's called British humour.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 6:20 am
Phoenixuk2oz

It's called having an opinion. It doesn't matter if anyone has met them or not. Opinions are based on different people's perceptions of things. Just like you have

When someone dies who is well known then chances are it's on the news and it comes up for discussion. That's life.

And life goes on.

No worries

Old Aug 7th 2005, 6:27 am
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Robin Cook: Sad news

It's called having an opinion. It doesn't matter if anyone has met them or not. Opinions are based on different people's perceptions of things. Just like you have

When someone dies who is well known then chances are it's on the news and it comes up for discussion. That's life.

And life goes on.

No worries
Think where i come from its called gossip
Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:05 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Think where i come from its called gossip
Someone in the public eye knows only too well they court public comment. That's all it is. Passing comment.

You are obviously better than anyone else and never pass comment about anyone in the public eye

So why did you read this then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.