Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Roar 0 United 0 - a great game tonight

Roar 0 United 0 - a great game tonight

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 12:33 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roar 0 United 0 - a great game tonight

What a great game of footy I saw tonight between Queensland and Adelaide.

I was disappointed with Qu for getting sent off but thought that Roar played really good attacking football while Bajic in goal for United was outstanding.

After Adeliade had scored 8 goals in their last two games it was a shame they never scored tonight, but I still think it a good result against a very strong side.

Good luck to Roar; they will do well this season. I always liked Simon Lynch and remember seeing him at home when he used to play for PNE in the Championship.

rab in Adelaide
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:06 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Roar 0 United 0 - a great game tonight

Originally Posted by rab

I was disappointed with Qu for getting sent off but thought that Roar played really good attacking football while Bajic in goal for United was outstanding.

After Adeliade had scored 8 goals in their last two games it was a shame they never scored tonight, but I still think it a good result against a very strong side.

Good luck to Roar; they will do well this season. I always liked Simon Lynch and remember seeing him at home when he used to play for PNE in the Championship.

rab in Adelaide

Pleased for you.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rab

rab in Adelaide

Yes... It's all starting to happen now with this competion... The English football boards are full of Aussie expats chatting about it... there is going to be a concerted effort later this season, in campagining to get Away support at cheap as cost as possible.

I can put people in touch with 20 yes 20 English Qland roar supporters almost immediatly... and we are coordinating some English expats around the other cities.

Lets make this competion rock...

40,000 plus will be at the Telstra dome later this year... for the Melbourne v Sydney rematch.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:16 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

40,000 plus will be at the Telstra dome later this year... for the Melbourne v Sydney rematch.

Yeah but what about the other 5 games at Telstra Dome, can't help thinking they have jumped in a bit early & will be playing in a half empty stadium rather than a full house at olympic park.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go Q'land Roar supporters... Apparently there were even more poms together tonight....

Come on the Roar!!! EASY EASY EASY

There is about 20 of us who will be going this season. So if you want to join us drop us a PM or meet us in the CAXTON before the matches. We are the English mob with the St Georges Flag.

Will post more details when I get in touch with the people around the other cities.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bordy
Yeah but what about the other 5 games at Telstra Dome, can't help thinking they have jumped in a bit early & will be playing in a half empty stadium rather than a full house at olympic park.

Time will tell I guess. Could be a bit Early, but as the games are mostly home supporters, and they don't seem to care who the away team is... I'm not sure that there will be a great deal of difference in the gate whoever they play.

All depends which way this snowball rolls...

I do know there is an awful lot of chat about it on English football boards.

Thats why there is going to be a concentrated effort on getting the away support happening.... If they get that right... this game will really take off. Melbourne should be able to take at least 1,500 to Sydney and Adelaide each time they play.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:37 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased for you.
If you don't like football you shouldn't reply. Prat.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:43 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by rab
I don't mind it at all, I still check every week to see how Kilmarnock do.

Would you rather I said I'm not pleased for you???
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rab
Dammit I thought you was in Queensland.... Have you been going to any games... I'll see if I can put you in touch with some English football supporters that go to the Adelaide games
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:47 pm
The Godfather

Dammit I thought you was in Queensland.... Have you been going to any games... I'll see if I can put you in touch with some English football supporters that go to the Adelaide games
English or British ??? Do no Scots or Welsh or Irish go???
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

English or British ??? Do no Scots or Welsh or Irish go???

There maybe a sneaky welsh bloke impersonating a English bloke around somewhere.... The Irish blokes will be at the Bar... As for the scots

I will admit to a lot of respect to the Glasgae breed

Of course they can come.

If I've offended anyone, and they tell me in person i'll guarantee to buy them a beer
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:06 pm
rab
Forum Regular

Yes I am now a confirmed Adelaide United supporter. There seems to be an increasing amount of interest in the football and it will get better as soon as the last AFL game is played tomorrow.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rab
Yes I am now a confirmed Adelaide United supporter. There seems to be an increasing amount of interest in the football and it will get better as soon as the last AFL game is played tomorrow.
I wish I had watched the game... by all accounts it was pretty exciting... Had the Qland roar supporters going thats for sure. According to the Stats 25 shots on target for Qland and 3 on Target for Adelaide.... I'd be pleased with the 0-0 result if i were you...

Hows that 0-0 and the game was exciting.... how are we going to convert these Aussies
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:30 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I think i'll take in a game or 2 in Sydney. When does the season start and end?
I'm playing next year in the Eastern Suburbs league(amatuer) and their league finishes the end of this month and doesnt start till April next year. So what about the Oz league
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I think i'll take in a game or 2 in Sydney. When does the season start and end?
I'm playing next year in the Eastern Suburbs league(amatuer) and their league finishes the end of this month and doesnt start till April next year. So what about the Oz league

The A leagues final round is in January.the 3rd week of January.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.