Road tripping

Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Road tripping

So....

Me, me OH, and two of my friends from school have decided to take a bit of a road trip at the end of the year. So we're driving from Brisbane to Tasmania(where one friend is from) and back again.

Have driven most of the route already and have a few ideas for stop offs, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask on here for suggestionsof places to stop and things to do

So answers on a post card...
Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default Re: Road tripping

Oooo lucky you getting to go on a roadtrip! Just so you know, you'll be designated road trip manager when we get there too hahahahaha. Hope you have a brill time and someone can help you with your little journey. Sounds like a great time will be had by all. Expecting to see lots of photos as well!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Coastal or inland?

Dubbo wildlife park really is worth seeing - I promise!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:14 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by YoSemite
So....

Me, me OH, and two of my friends from school have decided to take a bit of a road trip at the end of the year. So we're driving from Brisbane to Tasmania(where one friend is from) and back again.

Have driven most of the route already and have a few ideas for stop offs, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask on here for suggestionsof places to stop and things to do

You seen the film 'Wolf Creak'? I suggest you watch it before you go. :scared:
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:04 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

So....

In Tassie Wineglass bay and Richmond are must sees in my opinion.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

So....

Great Wall of China - south western NSW
Great Ocean Road - from Torquay Vic - stay off it around Christmas/New Year
Giant Merino - Goulbourn NSW ;-)
Macquarie Pass - just south of Wollongong that's a great piece of road, while you are in the vicinity, have a look @ Wollongong aerodrome just past the turn off (right turn at Albion Park along the Illawarra Highway) for the above. It has a good range of aircraft types. Including a Lockheed Super Constellation in QANTAS colours. Judging by your age, all the large aircraft you would have heard would have been turbine powered. They had a whining type of noise. The Connie was the last of the large piston engined aircraft and when that fires up - now that's a decent noise.
If you are into things mechanical, noisy and aviation related have a look at the Air Force museum @ RAAF Williamtown just north of Newcastle. If you can get there before the RAAF Christmas Standown (probably around 16Dec06) and get the chance, I believe there is a crappy seat at the end of one of the runways, you may have the opportunity to see (and more importantly hear) a 4 ship of Hornets or Hawks depart. As one wag said "That's an expensive way to convert kerosene to noise" :-)
Alpine Highway out of the Snowy Mountains down to Corryong.
That will do for a start.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dianej
You seen the film 'Wolf Creak'? I suggest you watch it before you go. :scared:

Yeah, If your car mysteriously breaks down !!RUN!!

Nelson Bay, Port Stephens is good for a chill out.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

So....

Oooooh jealous. I want to get back to trippin'. We didn't go north of Sydney,and because we have friends in Orange we didn't go down the coast at all, so I'm not much help there.

If you happen to go through Canberra go to the national sound and film archives, they're great.

And if you go past Bathurst drive round the circuit and say hi to the big gold panner.

The beach at Stockton (near Newcastle) is lovely - sand sand sand.

Enjoy
Old Jun 17th 2006, 5:05 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

So....

Let us know your plans around Melbourne Might join you to Tassie
Old Jun 17th 2006, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

dubbo, canberra and a couple of places are already on the list as we have to make visits to various family members of the road trippers. I'm the only one that's been to CBR before as my family have been there for over 40 years now!!

In melbourne we'll be out a croydon for a bit staying with my uncle, we'll be in fitzroy & northcote staying with 2 of my friends, and also heading down to philip island where one of said friends has a summer house (providing that they've finished the reno that they've been working on since summer 04/05!!)

tassie will be spent avoiding the tasmanians family because they're all inbread (her words NOT mine!!!!) she's also collecting her xmas presents!

What we're thinking about doing is going coastal one way, and inland the other way!

suggestions have all been added to our list!

thanks!!!!