Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Road Rage, Surf Rage, now....... Hose Rage!?!

Road Rage, Surf Rage, now....... Hose Rage!?!

Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:06 pm
owieb

Default Road Rage, Surf Rage, now....... Hose Rage!?!

Water fight led to 'hose rage'
By Brad Clifton
November 12, 2003

TWO neighbours in a Sydney suburban street came to blows yesterday in the city's first reported case of "hose rage" caused by tempers flaring over water conservation.

As Sydney Water revealed thousands of residents are reporting water restriction breaches by neighbours, one pristine front lawn became an urban battlefield for a new suburban phenomenon.

At Ingleburn, in Sydney's south-west, things turned ugly when a dispute over hosing the garden yesterday resulted in an assault and a dousing for two neighbours.

Freeman Circuit resident Terry Briggs claimed he was involved in an altercation after being accused by his neighbour, Daniel Crowden, of watering his lawn illegally.

Mr Crowden took photographs of the alleged offence and vowed to expose his neighbour's deeds to Sydney Water.

When he then threatened to churn up the immaculate lawn with his sports car, Mr Briggs reacted by spraying him and his car with his hose.

Mr Briggs, who prides himself on having one of the most beautiful lawns in his street, claimed he then came to blows with Mr Crowden.

"I was watering my garden with a hand-held hose and he backed out of his driveway and said I wasn't supposed to be doing that," Mr Briggs said.

"He then took out a mobile telephone and said 'I'm taking your photograph and I'm sending it to the Water Board'."

After a threat to destroy the lawn Mr Briggs pointed his hose through Mr Crowden's car window and doused him.

Across the road, Mr Crowden claimed he suffered an injury to his arm from another man after he jumped out of his wet car to confront Mr Briggs. "He hosed inside my car, he soaked me," Mr Crowden said.

Hosing a lawn is not in breach of the regulations.

The Daily Telegraph

Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:45 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Watering with a hand-held hose is okay, but washing a car with a hose is good for a fine. I suppose you could say that this bloke had washed a car with his hose, even if it WAS the inside.....