Wikiposts

Road rage

Old May 1st 2005, 6:53 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Road rage

had another incident this afternoon... Was driving along the highway, where three lanes merge into two just after traffic lights. Lights were green, i went straight over in middle lane in my small nissan pulsar, white toyota hilux truck thing speeds up the inside in a desparate attempt to get ahead of me!! he gets in front just as the lanes merge, running slightly off the left hand side of the road, then the bastard cuts right in front of me barely missing the front of my car by a foot, causing me to almost swerve across into the outside lane!! un-bloody-believable!! I gets alongside him further up the road where I have to turn off, hee's stuck in traffic waiting to go straight on and he's some f'kin old grandad!! I thought it would be some redneck and/or boy racer type but this guy must have been at least 65 - 70!! drivers here are in such a rush to get ahead of each other here, they must think getting ahead of two cars on a highway is going to save hours off their journey!! I was speaking to some aussie friends of mine about this type of thing a while ago and I told them that I put all this people racing in traffic and off traffic lights etc. down to the competitive psyche of the average australian motorist.

NJJ
Old May 1st 2005, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by NJJ
I put all this people racing in traffic and off traffic lights etc. down to the competitive psyche of the average australian motorist.

NJJ
Competitive - well that's a nice way of putting it, I suppose.......
Old May 1st 2005, 7:10 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by NJJ
I told them that I put all this people racing in traffic and off traffic lights etc. down to the competitive psyche of the average australian motorist.

NJJ
Sometimes I put it down to road design. You get a one lane each way road, it opens up to two lanes at the lights, then closes down to one lane again just after the lights. So the two lanes of traffic that were waiting at the lights, fight for that 1 lane again.

The people who believe in driving on the left, are infuriated by those driving on the right getting right of way, and those that use the right lane are infuriated by those on the left trying to underake

Old May 1st 2005, 7:13 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Apart from the problems of having a concealed weapon in your car (which you could be charged) if the fact that you have to be very sure that you can use it effectively and not for them to disarm you and use it on you!!!
Old May 1st 2005, 7:14 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

looks like there has been some deaths here in VIC recently with cars being run off the road etc...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...3-1243,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...4-1243,00.html
Old May 1st 2005, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

LancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the rough

My partners Mum had an incident a few weeks ago when a semi trailer was right up her arse and then tried to run her off the road as he overtook on double white lines when she didn't speed up.

She managed to get his number plate and the name of the co but when they rang the police she was told to go down to the station to lodge a complaint they couldn't take the details over the phone!
Old May 1st 2005, 10:50 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Sometimes I put it down to road design. You get a one lane each way road, it opens up to two lanes at the lights, then closes down to one lane again just after the lights. So the two lanes of traffic that were waiting at the lights, fight for that 1 lane again.

The people who believe in driving on the left, are infuriated by those driving on the right getting right of way, and those that use the right lane are infuriated by those on the left trying to underake
They do seem to bring out the worst in some as well as some jams as everyone pulls in and out forcing those behind to stop. Those lanes that come together as one with the priority for the one with the bumper in front annoy me the most. It is when someone from the non merging lanes pulls across you leaving almost no space that it gets a bit hairy.
Old May 2nd 2005, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bondipom
They do seem to bring out the worst in some as well as some jams as everyone pulls in and out forcing those behind to stop. Those lanes that come together as one with the priority for the one with the bumper in front annoy me the most. It is when someone from the non merging lanes pulls across you leaving almost no space that it gets a bit hairy.

Does anyone remember the fatal RR incident at junction Glebe Pt Rd/P'matta Rd just after Christmas 04? If I remember rightly the younger guy cut across the older (60ish) guy, who remonstrated in some way with him (dont recall all details) so the youngster got out and decked the older guy and he died on the spot. I hate the way people sit on your tail here,my sister couldnt get over it,and the speed esp. in the E. Suburbs, when she visited.

P.S. What do you mean TopCat3 is an unknown quantity? I know me.

Last edited by TopCat3; May 2nd 2005 at 1:48 am. Reason: Curiosity
Old May 2nd 2005, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NJJ
had another incident this afternoon... Was driving along the highway, where three lanes merge into two just after traffic lights. Lights were green, i went straight over in middle lane in my small nissan pulsar, white toyota hilux truck thing speeds up the inside in a desparate attempt to get ahead of me!! he gets in front just as the lanes merge, running slightly off the left hand side of the road, then the bastard cuts right in front of me barely missing the front of my car by a foot, causing me to almost swerve across into the outside lane!!
NJJ
did you back off to let him in?
Old May 2nd 2005, 3:12 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

i must say that whilst we were over in australia in january that it was my first time driving over there and i found everyone very considerate and quite relaxed.......you should come and drive around manchester,even around the gold coast where it's built up and by australian standards busy i still found it a pleasure to cruise around.we did see one road rage,well sort of anyway,there was a little guy in a big motor beeping the car in front that was waiting to turn onto a busy main road,the guy could'nt turn or he would have caused a major crash but little man in big car was giving him loads of stick until big and i mean muscle bound man in little car got out and walked up to his car.....wife,myself and our daughter's were stood waiting to cross over and we could'nt stop pissing ourselves,the prick in the big motor could'nt get his windows up fast enough....serve's him bloody right............

Last edited by jonni boy; May 2nd 2005 at 3:15 am.
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by TopCat3
Does anyone remember the fatal RR incident at junction Glebe Pt Rd/P'matta Rd just after Christmas 04? If I remember rightly the younger guy cut across the older (60ish) guy, who remonstrated in some way with him (dont recall all details) so the youngster got out and decked the older guy and he died on the spot. I hate the way people sit on your tail here,my sister couldnt get over it,and the speed esp. in the E. Suburbs, when she visited.

P.S. What do you mean TopCat3 is an unknown quantity? I know me.
I remember the incident. How do you get up to speed in the E Suburbs?
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Quokka
did you back off to let him in?
Not sure about NJJ but I often find I cannot because someone is tailgating me.
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:48 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bondipom
Not sure about NJJ but I often find I cannot because someone is tailgating me.

too bloody right you are, i have seen this a lot, even here in a fairly rural part of Victoria.

To answer the other poster, a car had already merged from the left in front of me in the normal fashion, when this guy sped up on the left hoping to squeeze in front of me before he ran out of road. I had to conede the lane as his hilux thing was twice the size of the car I was driving, I know who's vehicle would have come off worst had we collided.
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:02 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

When I moved here over 2 years ago I found the lack of aggressive driving refreshing and a real improvement over the South East of England.

But now I feel the same way about "the idiots" on the road here as I did in the UK.

I don't think, technically, the drivers in WA are any where near as good as most drivers in the UK but they are less aggressive.
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:07 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by renth
When I moved here over 2 years ago I found the lack of aggressive driving refreshing and a real improvement over the South East of England.

But now I feel the same way about "the idiots" on the road here as I did in the UK.

I don't think, technically, the drivers in WA are any where near as good as most drivers in the UK but they are less aggressive.
I found that aswell, and don't know if the drivers here have got worse, or that my attitude to it is changing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.