Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rivergum and Sarah homes....

Rivergum and Sarah homes....

Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Question Rivergum and Sarah homes....

.......Has anyone used either to build a home?

Now we have kind of a routine I started the researching into how much we can borrow and what kind of home we would want and could afford.

This has left me with the conclusion that we would only be able to get a smaller piece of land = smaller home and the brick built smaller homes dont do much for us plus the single story takes up most of the plot of land.
we aim to live in the house for the next upto 10 years till the kids are both into/passed high school and I keep being drawn to these two story weather board homes which SEEM to be more space value inclusions than than the single story brick homes.

I have heard bad things about nearly most builders aswell as good but was wondering if there are any major drawbacks from this type of home from any of you that may have had good OR bad experiences at all.

Hope you can offer any insight to methere are so many choices

thankyou
kath x (a hopeful housebuilder in 2009)
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rivergum and Sarah homes....

I know someone in a Rivergum, no real probs apart from the usual for a clad house, planning (might not pass if in a street with all brick houses), Maintenance (painting) heating/cooling (bricks are better as they give you thermal mass). Just make sure you get the upstairs floor full of soundproofing/ insulation.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Rivergum and Sarah homes....

thanks for that. all bits of advice are being noted so when we build we get the best house that we can afford at that time without thinking ''we should have got this or that''

ta, kath x