Rituals

Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rituals

Thinking about upcoming flight - does anyone have any particular superstitions or rituals before or during a flight.

I wear green socks and make sure I overdose on nicotine.

I'm not scared of flying (in fact love it, especially the take-off and landing), just like socks, green and smoking.
Cas
Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rituals

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Thinking about upcoming flight - does anyone have any particular superstitions or rituals before or during a flight.

I wear green socks and make sure I overdose on nicotine.

I'm not scared of flying (in fact love it, especially the take-off and landing), just like socks, green and smoking.
Cas
I go into a kind of 'nothing' state of mind. I actually suspect that it's more to do with the mind-bending dullness of airports that makes me switch off. That's probably why I have such a poor recollection of going to and getting on planes. Nope, no rituals as such, perhaps I need one just to liven up the flight! Any suggestions?
Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I go into a kind of 'nothing' state of mind. I actually suspect that it's more to do with the mind-bending dullness of airports that makes me switch off. That's probably why I have such a poor recollection of going to and getting on planes. Nope, no rituals as such, perhaps I need one just to liven up the flight! Any suggestions?
Get excited (as I do on all the many flights I've been on - thats just the kid in me) or go with someone who gets excited.............
Oh, and wear green socks
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:01 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Get excited (as I do on all the many flights I've been on - thats just the kid in me) or go with someone who gets excited.............
Oh, and wear green socks
How 'bout green socks with aardvarks on them!

Sorry, can't get excited about flying any more......done too much of it. 'suppose when I go to Aus for good I'll feel different though!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

can you two not pick up the phone? or if you are in the same room, just turn to each other and talk?!

oh, sorry for interrupting your conversation...

Mrs JTL
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:03 am
Account Closed

How 'bout green socks with aardvarks on them!

Sorry, can't get excited about flying any more......done too much of it. 'suppose when I go to Aus for good I'll feel different though!
Or pink socks with green aardvarks (are they related to badgers?)

My excitment is infectious
Cas X
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:07 am
Account Closed

Or pink socks with green aardvarks (are they related to badgers?)

My excitment is infectious
Cas X
Nope, they're in the order Tubulidentata, whereas badgers are Carnivores in the Family Mustelidae!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
can you two not pick up the phone? or if you are in the same room, just turn to each other and talk?!

Mrs JTL
We've done a bit more than pick up the 'phone lately........

Feel free to join in btw!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:10 am
Account Closed

Mrs JTL
Yes, join in, this is not a private party
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:17 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

And did Cas overdose on nicotine after that too??
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
And did Cas overdose on nicotine after that too??
Glad someone else has joined in - this thread could have got out of hand!

Ran out of cigs

Cas
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, join in, this is not a private party

:scared: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh... fleeing this thread... :scared:
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:39 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

WITH WHAT????????? (mind boggles )

Anya.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:41 am
Account Closed

:scared: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh... fleeing this thread... :scared:
We meant join in the thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anya4oz
WITH WHAT????????? (mind boggles )

Anya.
Anyhoo.......back to pre-flight rituals...anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.