Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ringing Adelaide Processing Centre

Ringing Adelaide Processing Centre

Old Dec 16th 2003, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ringing Adelaide Processing Centre

I have got bored of waiting to hear from Adelaide[over 9 months since medicals sent back and not heard a thing.]Has anyone rung Adelaide Processing Centre,if so, is it a lot of hassle getting any info out of them.Cannot wait till 10.30 pm in UK so i can ring them tonight.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Bob Edmunds is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
Adelaide Skill Processing Centre , going by my general skilled migration booklet (1119) can be contacted on 61 3 9657 4115

hope this helps

oops , this post was meant to answer your earlier question ........

Last edited by Bob Edmunds; Dec 16th 2003 at 8:06 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ringing Adelaide Processing Centre

Originally posted by thfc
I have got bored of waiting to hear from Adelaide[over 9 months since medicals sent back and not heard a thing.]Has anyone rung Adelaide Processing Centre,if so, is it a lot of hassle getting any info out of them.Cannot wait till 10.30 pm in UK so i can ring them tonight.
Hi THFC,
I rang them 3 times:scared: the first time was because I'd not heard anything from them as far as acknowledgement went and the guy wasn't particularly helpful and said that it could take 6 months to get any acknowledgement and that nurses were no longer being fast tracked ( big fat fib!!)
the second time was to check that our medicals had reached them and had been put with our file ( we had no file number to put on the medicals) the lady was very helpful and reassuring
The 3rd time was to ask if it was necessary to inform them that I had a job offer ( I was told " not at this stage") and we got our visas a short time later

In your case I would say definitely ring them and don't be fobbed off - explain about the medicals and check that they have actually received them and that you are concerned about the fact they are due to expire soon.

Good luck and let us know how you go on

Claire
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry forgot to say you can be on hold for a fair while

Claire
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello thfc,

If you need to contact them I'd definately phone rather than e-mail. I e-mailed to confirm they'd received our medicals as the doctor held onto them and we were close to the deadline. I got a very dismissive response along the lines of it being people like me bothering them that holds up applications and that they couldnt keep track of all 'loose paper' that arrives in the department.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:26 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mcmercer
Hello thfc,

If you need to contact them I'd definately phone rather than e-mail. I e-mailed to confirm they'd received our medicals as the doctor held onto them and we were close to the deadline. I got a very dismissive response along the lines of it being people like me bothering them that holds up applications and that they couldnt keep track of all 'loose paper' that arrives in the department.
The mosts effective responses I have received from DIMIA have been to letters. When I have phoned all I have spoken to is grumpy publice servants who want to be left alone.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hello thfc,

Just spent half an hour on phone to Adelaide, to be told processing is taking 12 months plus[which i new anyway].Only good things to come out of it was ,that they did recieve our medicals on march 5th,and our migration agent was in touch with them last week.Was told when our case officer is ready to get in touch they will.He said it should be soon.Hopefully.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope thats reassured you a bit thfc, at least you know they got there. Hope you hear something soon.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hope thats reassured you a bit thfc, at least you know they got there. Hope you hear something soon.
Feel a bit more at ease now, do you know exactly what happens next ,is it my assurers bond, then visas are issued.Cheers.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello thfc,

Amazing - I emailed an hour ago and got a response with exactly the info that I needed - my file number and that a confirmation has been sent out. I'm going to keep the email address of that individual - they have answered every message I've sent them really quickly (and before anyone asks - NO you can't have their name - she's mine!!)

A happy Muzzman
Old Dec 17th 2003, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

As many of you know, i am already living in Adelaide. I tried to hand in my application by hand at their office a few weeks back. Was told i am not allowed ot do that!!!..HUH????.. My husband had to walk across the road to the post office, pay for a bloody stamp for them to take it BACK across the road to them!!...how nutty is that?!!

Needless to say, i havent heard a dickie bird as to whether they received it..LOL
Old Dec 17th 2003, 12:55 am
WBB

Originally posted by podgypossum
As many of you know, i am already living in Adelaide. I tried to hand in my application by hand at their office a few weeks back. Was told i am not allowed ot do that!!!..HUH????.. My husband had to walk across the road to the post office, pay for a bloody stamp for them to take it BACK across the road to them!!...how nutty is that?!!

Needless to say, i havent heard a dickie bird as to whether they received it..LOL

bureaucracy gone mad !!!!

Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by podgypossum

I had exactly the same experience when I tried to hand our application in here in Adelaide. They told me they would only accept it by post or from a courier. I told them to pretend I was a courier but they were having none of it.

They told me that it even happens to those people who actually fly out to Adelaide to hand their applications in in person.

Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:56 am
Member who went to Aus

cutgrass is an unknown quantity at this point

I get the impression that they're just trying to keep applicants at a distance. Imagine what a headache it would be if every single person who applied to live in Australia called, turned up at the door or spammed them with emails. People feel very strongly about their applications so I'd imagine that they may go to extreme lengths to get in.

That being said I had no problems at all with my case officer. She responded to my emails promptly (although there was only 3 of them) and was very hepful.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 11:38 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sunlover
I told them to pretend I was a courier but they were having none of it.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

I wonder why on earth it does take so long??? A couple of months I can understand, but some people wait a couple of years!!!
Are there only about 3 case officers who decide the whole lot of applications or something??
madness...

sue