Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rights of the child

Rights of the child

Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:22 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rights of the child

News tonight reports that a magistrate agrees that it is okay for a father to whip his 11 year old son for 40 minutes with a garden hose after he had been in trouble at school.

The magistrate also said "since social workers took over we have been going in the wrong direction".

dad pleaded guilty to assault causing actual bodily harm. He got a $500 penaty, the magistrate did concede that the father may have gone a little too far in using the hose.

This might reduce Dottys efforts at school on Friday.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:27 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rights of the child

Originally posted by Jirrupin
News tonight reports that a magistrate agrees that it is okay for a father to whip his 11 year old son for 40 minutes with a garden hose after he had been in trouble at school.

The magistrate also said "since social workers took over we have been going in the wrong direction".

dad pleaded guilty to assault causing actual bodily harm. He got a $500 penaty, the magistrate did concede that the father may have gone a little too far in using the hose.

This might reduce Dottys efforts at school on Friday.
And your point is ....? theirs a difference between discipline ,and sadism. and the media,s spin on it ,every story has a flip side.... MM
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Surely in this day there can be no excuse for physical abuse or mental torture/humiliation of a child (or an adult for that matter). Why do so many people believe that children can only respond to violence as opposed to more humane forms of dicipline.

Lynn
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:44 am
Good to be back in UK

Originally posted by mr mover
And your point is ....? theirs a difference between discipline ,and sadism. and the media,s spin on it ,every story has a flip side.... MM
I take it you are yourself a child abuser.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 10:08 am
WBB

you are an embarrassment to the forum

Old Oct 29th 2003, 10:27 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you are yourself a child abuser.
and you are a self abuser, read the post and then comment ........... MM
Old Oct 29th 2003, 10:29 am
Banned

Originally posted by lynnj
Surely in this day there can be no excuse for physical abuse or mental torture/humiliation of a child (or an adult for that matter). Why do so many people believe that children can only respond to violence as opposed to more humane forms of dicipline.

Lynn
such as ?......... MM
Old Oct 29th 2003, 10:35 am
Banned

Originally posted by welshboybilly
you are an embarrassment to the forum
And your welsh,???......... MM
Old Oct 29th 2003, 10:36 am
WBB

And your welsh,???......... MM

you are playing into people's hands m/m i would suggest you go to bed and have a rest, you may feel better in the morning.

Old Oct 29th 2003, 10:37 am
Good to be back in UK

and you are a self abuser, read the post and then comment ........... MM
Mr. Mover on another thread you state that beatings you rceeived as a child made you smarter. This is difficult to believe given that you find my comments equal self abuse

I consider there is a vast difference between discipline and whipping a child for 40 minutes, if you do not then yes I would consider you capable of abusing a child. You may also be the sort of person that considers it okay for a man to beat his wife, who considers racial attacks justified, maybe you have no moral standards.

Do you now understand my point.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:41 am
Banned

Mr. Mover on another thread you state that beatings you rceeived as a child made you smarter. This is difficult to believe given that you find my comments equal self abuse

I consider there is a vast difference between discipline and whipping a child for 40 minutes, if you do not then yes I would consider you capable of abusing a child. You may also be the sort of person that considers it okay for a man to beat his wife, who considers racial attacks justified, maybe you have no moral standards.

Do you now understand my point.
if you read my post , i said ther was a difference , between DISCIPLINE and SADISM . giving a child a wack with a pipe is discipline ,doing it for 40 mins is SADISM ...COMPREHEND.... MM
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:45 am
Banned

Originally posted by welshboybilly
you are playing into people's hands m/m i would suggest you go to bed and have a rest, you may feel better in the morning.
SOME one has to liven this place up now and again ,seeing as the new clan are boring ,bring back P/B , dont worry about me taff 40yrs in OZ will toughen any one up... MM
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

giving a child a wack with a pipe is discipline
I don't want to get into all this and I will leave it to Donna but hitting a child with a hose pipe is not discipline it is child abuse.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:51 am
Banned

Originally posted by karawara88
I don't want to get into all this and I will leave it to Donna but hitting a child with a hose pipe is not discipline it is child abuse.
yes , and when your car is stolen or your house vandalised, or you get beat up in the street by 15yr olds , get donna to come out with the hose pipe , alas to late................ MM
Old Oct 29th 2003, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

mikel is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to know who actually watched and timed this for 40 minutes without interveining?

There are other way of dicipline other than force, just look at the youth in Britian they are all so well behaved!!!!

Most people are moderate, it take just one incident to get all the armchar lawyers out and call for total bans on forcefull dicipline.

No one will stop me diciplining my chidren which I do occationally,
and I think smacking by school Heads would be a good thing too, learn a bit of respect fot authority and respect for others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.