Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rights against intruders

Rights against intruders

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:33 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Rights against intruders

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
I'm intrigued as to what a 'liquid javelin' is although the bomb security site was a little sparse on details
Here you go.....

'Missile Weapon,

An instrument used in combat for the purpose of killing, injuring, or defeating an enemy. A weapon may be a shock weapon, held in the hands, such as the club, mace, or sword. It may also be a missile weapon, operated by muscle power (as with the javelin, sling, and bow and arrow), mechanical power (as with the crossbow and catapult), or chemical power (as with the rocket and missile and such guns as the cannon, rifle, and pistol).'

R.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rights against intruders

Originally Posted by Carruss
Here you go.....

'Missile Weapon,

An instrument used in combat for the purpose of killing, injuring, or defeating an enemy. A weapon may be a shock weapon, held in the hands, such as the club, mace, or sword. It may also be a missile weapon, operated by muscle power (as with the javelin, sling, and bow and arrow), mechanical power (as with the crossbow and catapult), or chemical power (as with the rocket and missile and such guns as the cannon, rifle, and pistol).'

R.
Dog
A domesticated carnivorous mammal (Canis familiaris) related to the foxes and wolves and raised in a wide variety of breeds.
Any of various carnivorous mammals of the family Canidae, such as the dingo.
A male animal of the family Canidae, especially of the fox or a domesticated breed.
Any of various other animals, such as the prairie dog.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:37 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Dog
A domesticated carnivorous mammal (Canis familiaris) related to the foxes and wolves and raised in a wide variety of breeds.
A male animal of the family Canidae, especially of the fox or a domesticated breed.

Cheers,
JTL
Do Tabby Cats do the same job?
Attached Images  

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:38 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light

Dog

Cheers,
JTL
I take it you are a dog lover,

I on the other hand.......am not a terrorist!

R.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:38 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Originally Posted by Merlot
Do Tabby Cats do the same job?
They shoot cats don't they?

R.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:39 pm
Merlot

They shoot cats don't they?

R.
Mine has got a mean grab with her sharp claws, little swine that she is

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:42 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Originally Posted by Merlot
Mine has got a mean grab with her sharp claws, little swine that she is
She will need a gun to defend herself if you take her to Oz!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:43 pm
Merlot

She will need a gun to defend herself if you take her to Oz!
She is actually an Ozzie cat, we brought her back last year to Blighty but she was indoors, apart from supervised garden runs.

No harming of wild life or hoons.

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you are a dog lover,

I on the other hand.......am not a terrorist!

R.
Well yes...

But also a dog proponent when it comes to home security. (thats proponent, not propellant)

They:

a) put off most burglars even thinking about breaking into your house
b) Warn you if a burglar treis to get into your house
c) Attacks a burglar if he even starts to get into your house and scares him off
d) Attacks the burglar if he is really dumb enough to keep on coming with a mad mutt waiting to chew his balls off

I mean given the choice of a baseball bat, cricket bat, gun, or dog to ward off an intruder,

DOG everytime. And they are great fun pets. The mutt we have now would give a burglar a hard time,and be really vocal about it. But he's a great big wuss most of the time.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:53 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Well yes...

But also a dog proponent when it comes to home security. (thats proponent, not propellant)

They:

a) put off most burglars even thinking about breaking into your house
b) Warn you if a burglar treis to get into your house
c) Attacks a burglar if he even starts to get into your house and scares him off
d) Attacks the burglar if he is really dumb enough to keep on coming with a mad mutt waiting to chew his balls off

I mean given the choice of a baseball bat, cricket bat, gun, or dog to ward off an intruder,

DOG everytime. And they are great fun pets. The mutt we have now would give a burglar a hard time,and be really vocal about it. But he's a great big wuss most of the time.

Cheers,
JTL
We had a dog when I was young but our kids (3 of em!) really want one now. We did say that maybe, thats maybe if we get to Oz they can have one. I guess we will have to wait and see eh!

R.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We had a dog when I was young but our kids (3 of em!) really want one now. We did say that maybe, thats maybe if we get to Oz they can have one. I guess we will have to wait and see eh!

R.
Depending on where you are heading, its a big part of the culture here dog ownership. But they have really strict rules about keeping dogs on lead, and picking up poo.

Still, its the best buy we've made since we got here. And we bought our mutt from a dog pound, so we can feel good about it too!

He is a wuss, but he barks like mad at visitors until we say its okay, so as a guard dog, he does fine.

I don't think I'd be as proud of a new baseball bat or a cricket bat,

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:05 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Depending on where you are heading, its a big part of the culture here dog ownership. But they have really strict rules about keeping dogs on lead, and picking up poo.

Still, its the best buy we've made since we got here. And we bought our mutt from a dog pound, so we can feel good about it too!

He is a wuss, but he barks like mad at visitors until we say its okay, so as a guard dog, he does fine.

I don't think I'd be as proud of a new baseball bat or a cricket bat,

Cheers,
JTL

JTL,
what you need is a PANDA.

beacis it eats leaves and shoots

That's obviously why they are in short supply. what an animal

Bye
Mark
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by markeh
JTL,
what you need is a PANDA.

beacis it eats leaves and shoots

That's obviously why they are in short supply. what an animal

Bye
Mark
Ohhhhh If it wasn't for the typo, that joke would have worked.

Why would I want anything guarding my house that eats?, then shoots, and then leaves me to clear up the bloody mess and do the dishes.

At least my dog just mauls kills and looks happy about it. (thats for all you burglars out there )
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:20 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Ohhhhh If it wasn't for the typo, that joke would have worked.

Why would I want anything guarding my house that eats?, then shoots, and then leaves me to clear up the bloody mess and do the dishes.

At least my dog just mauls kills and looks happy about it. (thats for all you burglars out there )
Hiya JTL,
you could alway's try and train him!

you know the opposite of fetch

Bye
Mark
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:52 pm
Quiet one in the corner

kendra1 is on a distinguished road

Say you thought it was a cane toad so you whacked the b@stard!

Repeatedly until it stopped moving.

R.
lol 10/10 for imagination

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.