Reload this Page >

Right time to migrate

Right time to migrate

Old Jun 5th 2009, 6:45 am
Account Closed

lovetv is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Right time to migrate

Hi,

As per current financial recession situation in all over australia and the world, i am afraid about my planning to migrate to townsville, queensland, australia. I am planning to migrate in july second-third week most probably.

I want to know that, is that RIGHT time to migrate to townsville, queensland, australia as far as job advertisements and current job market concerns? I want to know that, is this RIGHT time to get a job as i heard that there are specific months in australia when employers are stopping/postponding recruitments. Pls. also enlighten us in which months most employers are stopping/postponding recruitments and why.

This is important to know prior before confirming a seat in a plane to townsville.

Thanks & regards
LoveTV
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right time to migrate

Only you can know the right time. There are no specific months when recruitment is stopped. Things slow down in December and January because lots of businesses shut down for Christmas but apart from that there is nothing specific.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 8:01 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm..... We're not in QLD, but the fact is that the job market, nationally, is VERY quiet at the moment.
In fact OH has been offered a job back in the UK, out of the blue, and is still unable to find work here in Australia after 9 months of concerted effort

If you have a job in the UK I'd keep with that until you, yourself notice and improvement in the vacancy rate. (check out seek.com.au and careerone.com.au to track your industry)
Old Jun 5th 2009, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

What field do you work in?
Do you have any contacts in Townsville who could possibly help you in finding work?

Unfortunately there are no certainties, you may struggle to find work & you may get lucky quite quickly. None of us know the answer.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:29 am
Account Closed

Thanks moneypenny20.

Thanks alipally, however i m from india, yep doing a job and already settled in the job very well. I am regularly watching ads in seek, jobsearch.gov.au and careerone and happy that my field jobs are arising regularly.

Thanks sallyclaire, well very difficult quest. Basically spray painter but know other paintings as well, good hand knowledge no degrees in welding, i also know some plumbing work and car repairing work. At the moment i dont have any contacts in townsville but i found some placement agencies however i yet not contacted them as i know they will tell me come here first, fill the form, leave the resume, we will see what we can do for u. You are totally correct that, we cant answer in how much time i will get a job? i think totally depends on luck. Regards.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lovetv
Thanks moneypenny20.

Thanks alipally, however i m from india, yep doing a job and already settled in the job very well. I am regularly watching ads in seek, jobsearch.gov.au and careerone and happy that my field jobs are arising regularly.

Thanks sallyclaire, well very difficult quest. Basically spray painter but know other paintings as well, good hand knowledge no degrees in welding, i also know some plumbing work and car repairing work. At the moment i dont have any contacts in townsville but i found some placement agencies however i yet not contacted them as i know they will tell me come here first, fill the form, leave the resume, we will see what we can do for u. You are totally correct that, we cant answer in how much time i will get a job? i think totally depends on luck. Regards.
Right time to migrate? In view of your thread here I would consider leaving it for a while until you have sorted out your marriage and yor family.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Thanks moneypenny20.

Why to leave your settled job and take risk in recession hit country where jobs are being cut day by day. As per my opinion, the right time will be Jan '10 end, by that time market will also pickup and business will also accelerate after Xmas holidays.

Seek and other job boards are big trap and filled with fake and duplicate jobs at the moment.
I have read many sad stories where people went to Oz, didn't get job, ran out of money and have to return back to their original country.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Right time to migrate? In view of your thread here I would consider leaving it for a while until you have sorted out your marriage and yor family.
Thanks Pollyana. well need to think about it.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Why to leave your settled job and take risk in recession hit country where jobs are being cut day by day. As per my opinion, the right time will be Jan '10 end, by that time market will also pickup and business will also accelerate after Xmas holidays.

Seek and other job boards are big trap and filled with fake and duplicate jobs at the moment.
I have read many sad stories where people went to Oz, didn't get job, ran out of money and have to return back to their original country.
Thanks mpgrewal. hmmmm...... you made a point on which indepth thinking and planning required. but there is also no guarantee that things will be surely changed after Jan 10, isnt it? I also need to enter in australia before september as per given date by the diac.

Regarding seek and job related websites, you will not believe this is the question i was thinking to post today itself. You can check that i have also asked the same question in my one post earlier. I trully doubt on that the jobsites like seek and careerone may be publishing advt. that may be not posted by the employers. sorry to say no offense but i told what i observed and feeled.

However, pls. note that i am migrating to regional queensland not in any metropolitan cities like mel, syd, bris, perth, adel. I m migrating to townsville and seek and other job sites are showing good openings in townsville.

Thanks for your valuable advise and information, i really appreciate it.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Thanks mpgrewal. hmmmm...... you made a point on which indepth thinking and planning required. but there is also no guarantee that things will be surely changed after Jan 10, isnt it? I also need to enter in australia before september as per given date by the diac.

Regarding seek and job related websites, you will not believe this is the question i was thinking to post today itself. You can check that i have also asked the same question in my one post earlier. I trully doubt on that the jobsites like seek and careerone may be publishing advt. that may be not posted by the employers. sorry to say no offense but i told what i observed and feeled.

However, pls. note that i am migrating to regional queensland not in any metropolitan cities like mel, syd, bris, perth, adel. I m migrating to townsville and seek and other job sites are showing good openings in townsville.

Thanks for your valuable advise and information, i really appreciate it.
Mate, if Sep is your deadline, then don't miss it. Take a lot of money with you so that you can sustain for 6 months. Yes, most people agree that all job boards are filled with duplicate and fake jobs, don't fall into that trap. Do some research on genuine recruiters in townsville, get registered with them once you are there. I heard the only way you can get job these days is via local professional contacts not via job boards. So start meeting people once you land.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:13 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically spray painter but know other paintings as well, good hand knowledge no degrees in welding, i also know some plumbing work and car repairing work.
Good luck getting work in those fields. Do you have any certifications/qualifications? Have you completed an apprenticeship? What visa will you be arriving on?