Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is it right that I cant take my Wax to Australia,

is it right that I cant take my Wax to Australia,

Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default is it right that I cant take my Wax to Australia,

I'm beautian/holistic therapist, I've been told by friend I cant take any of my waxes to australia, because its oraganic. is that right, its just I've got so much of the stuff.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:20 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is it right that I cant take my Wax to Australia,

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I'm beautian/holistic therapist, I've been told by friend I cant take any of my waxes to australia, because its oraganic. is that right, its just I've got so much of the stuff.
I cannot think for the life of me why you can't bring wax. That's surreal.

I bought my candles... same thing.

Bring it.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

mmm there's me jumping up & down, OH half said why are you so happy, I said, that I have reply to my thread, that I can take my wax, with me, he said, well the guy from shipping said the same thing, you cant take it. back to being sad again.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

What if you take it as baggage rather than shipping it?
I have just packed up boxes of lotions and potions from the bathroom, as none of it can be shipped - but I plan to take as much as possible in my luggage when we fly!
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:54 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

we brought all our candles. We were told that we couldn't incase they melted, but they were packed in the container and arrived just fine.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 1:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
What if you take it as baggage rather than shipping it?
I have just packed up boxes of lotions and potions from the bathroom, as none of it can be shipped - but I plan to take as much as possible in my luggage when we fly!
If you mean bubble bath and that sort of stuff, yes it can be shipped - I still have half of Boots in my bathroom I adore the Natural Collection stuff.
I also brought candles - all inspected by AQIS, all allowed in.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

thank you for your replies, oh I will get them pack, in the suitcase, lets just hope they dont leak. :scared:
Old Jan 7th 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

hi also a therapist , you cant take your wax if it is honey wax because it is a food substance.... its on the list of things you cant take you cant even take an eraser if it looks like food.

hope this helps
Old Jan 7th 2007, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice

hi, cant you sell it all here and get some new stuff when you are there?

Am beauty/holistic therapist too and have sold all my bits including my couch.... just thought it would be too much to take it all.

Where abouts are you going? I was wanting to really concentraite on hopi ear candles and reiki when i get over there but didnt know how well those therapies are received etc....?

good luck with getting it over if that is what you decide to do.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LittleHobo

Am beauty/holistic therapist too and have sold all my bits including my couch.... just thought it would be too much to take it all.

Where abouts are you going? I was wanting to really concentraite on hopi ear candles and reiki when i get over there but didnt know how well those therapies are received etc....?

hi littlehobo

i also am planning to sell all my stuff, like you say its too much to take with you. if it is essential to take stuff its best just to clean out the wax pot and still take it. we are hoping to be in brisbane by june just waiting on the visa. where are you going and do you already have your visa.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I dont want to sell my couch because it's American brand and it's really good, well, I guess I can sell my waxing stuff, which I'm not happy, cause I went to excel last year, & spend small fortune there.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

I must admit I do prefer the holistic side to beauty myself, I only do the waxing, I dont like the rest of it.
I am also qualified in body massage, reflexology, IHM, hopi ear candles, I really dont know if our qualification is acceptable over there or do I need to do more of their training.
we are heading off to Adelaide, by either mid to end of Feb, we are leaving UK end of Jan, we will be stopping over a few places before we get to OZ.

when are you guys coming over, If I get there before you guys I'll let you know what they are into.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:25 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

If I win the lottery, I want to open a Floatarium centre up on the mountain.
Here is the hub of all things spiritual. Just to add my 2 penneth! (although completely irrelevant as it is!)
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice

Morning (god i hate mondays!)

I am going to be in Melbourne, when we get there! I am going over on a WHV and my boyfriend is going over on a skilled work visa - so hopefully if it all works out i will be looking into a De Facto visa.

I just dont have the skills they are after to get my own visa etc...

Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Kimmy67 will become famous soon enoughKimmy67 will become famous soon enough

Hi there, I am the same as you Holistic and Beauty therapist although I don't do it at the moment.

I bought over Sugar and Wax both in shipping and in suitcase. Would I do it again - No.... double wrapped everything etc, the suitcase one although contained in its bags, leaked and was useless, just a sticky mess, not sure if its the altitude that made the lid pop, as it was nice and secure and not too full.

The shipping one, was better, again double wrapped, but had been man handled, so had leaked slightly. I think only bring the sealed ones, and ship them. I put them into shipping as a last minute, so I don't think they were written down anywhere. My aroma oils were fine - again double wrap just in case.

I bought my table as I like it and its a good one, and I bought my wax heater, just need to change plug over. I sold a lot of stuff on ebay before I came, and I have looked you can buy wax on ebay over here, so no drama.

I don't really like the beauty side either, but if you can do nails you will be laughing, they are always advertising. Reflexology and Reiki are not that common, so that may be the area to hit.

Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.