right advice???

Old Mar 11th 2003, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default right advice???

my application has gone off today - but i needed advice on Andrews other 2 children who do not live with us and are not going to Australia with us - i spoke to agwnt who siad i need to send off their biorth certs and when we have medicals they will need medicals - i asked her what for and she said if thye want sponsoring in the future??? doesnt ring true to me so i had to go and get birth cert copies yesterday - is this info right cos i was under the impression that medicals last 12 months and they would have them if the need arises to be sponsored
Old Mar 11th 2003, 10:12 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: right advice???

Originally posted by thewoods
my application has gone off today - but i needed advice on Andrews other 2 children who do not live with us and are not going to Australia with us - i spoke to agwnt who siad i need to send off their biorth certs and when we have medicals they will need medicals - i asked her what for and she said if thye want sponsoring in the future??? doesnt ring true to me so i had to go and get birth cert copies yesterday - is this info right cos i was under the impression that medicals last 12 months and they would have them if the need arises to be sponsored
Hi,

I think that this is right because there have been previous threads about people finding it difficult to persuade their exs to allow the kids to have medicals. You probably need to broach it with your hubby's ex.

Nicola
Old Mar 11th 2003, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO WAY SHE WILL ALLOW - GETTING VERY FUNNY ABOUT - HAD A DO THIS WEEKEND OVER CSA SHE HAS GONE STRAIGHT TO THEMN AND TOLD THEM WE HAVE SOLD OUR HOUS AN THEY HAVE BEEN ON OUR BACK - HAVENT EVEN BLOODY MOVED OUT YET!! I TOLD MY AGENT THAT SHE WOULD REFUSE SAND MY AGENT SAID THAT WE WILL HAVE TO FILE A LETTER TO THAT EFFECT TO IMMIGRATION -

ANYWAY I NEED YOU WOULD REPLY TO THIS THREAD YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BE THE FIRST TO REPLY !! HOW DO YOU GET ANY WORK DONE!!! HOW HAVE YOU GOT ON HAVE YUOU DECIDED NOT TO SENT IN APP??
Old Mar 11th 2003, 11:03 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

ANYWAY I NEED YOU WOULD REPLY TO THIS THREAD YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BE THE FIRST TO REPLY !! HOW DO YOU GET ANY WORK DONE!!! HOW HAVE YOU GOT ON HAVE YUOU DECIDED NOT TO SENT IN APP??

Shhhhhhh! Actually I'm on target for my chargeable hours !! God knows how....I sleep, dream and breathe Aus at the mo...

We're waiting to hear back from the RAN whether they're interested in offering Mark a job. It's taking quite a long time for them to make a decision which I hope is good. If they say no, then I'm going to think about changing the application to me as the principal applicant since I get more points than Mark (being a spring chicken compared to him) I would need to get admitted as a solicitor in Queensland - not sure how feasible this is especially as we don't think we want to live in Queensland.....Failing all else we're just keeping everything crossed that the points don't go up and will lodge the application this time next year.

Hope you get the problem re the kids sorted. Your hubby will probably have to do a statutory declaration.

Nicola
Old Mar 12th 2003, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO WAY SHE WILL ALLOW - GETTING VERY FUNNY ABOUT - HAD A DO THIS WEEKEND OVER CSA SHE HAS GONE STRAIGHT TO THEMN AND TOLD THEM WE HAVE SOLD OUR HOUS AN THEY HAVE BEEN ON OUR BACK - HAVENT EVEN BLOODY MOVED OUT YET!! I TOLD MY AGENT THAT SHE WOULD REFUSE SAND MY AGENT SAID THAT WE WILL HAVE TO FILE A LETTER TO THAT EFFECT TO IMMIGRATION -

Hi the Woods, my name is Jan and I read your post earlier bout children from a previous marriage. We are in the same position as you, my hubby has a son who is 17 from a past marriage and we also had to have meds police
checks done etc, even though he wasnt coming with us(this is because if anything happens to the ex wife and believe me i have felt like killing her myself) then my hubby is still legally responsible for his child...Anyway we had a hum dinger over meds with her and eventually with persuasion she agreed.. all was well i thought... no that was not the end of it... got the med and police checks done and it came back that the meds were fine but he is slightly special needs and has a police record as long as my application for Oz, never mind so they wanted further tests done from the med side to see what IQ he had. She would not agree to this so we wrote to AH and told them the situation and they came back a few weeks after and basically wavered the IQ test. They are checking his police record but I am confident after reading this site that it should not be a problem. What I am trying to say is dont worry to much, they have to cover themselves and I know for sure that his son will never come to Aus and if he wanted to he would have to apply as an adult. WE are still waitng for our visas arriving and i think this has held us up a bit but compared to some on the site our problem is minor...BY the way we are heading for Melbourne and if you want to chat then PM me..Dont worry.. Also we had to go through a solicitor and have a declaration drawn up as the maintenence stopped in Sept 2002 , so basically we had to declare he was not dependant on us and that we are not escaping payments etc....Ever Hopeful.. Jan Hutchinson