Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this right about STNI visa...

Is this right about STNI visa...

Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is this right about STNI visa...

Hubby is telling me when he was doing the form for the STNI Visa, somewhere in it he read that you have to bring at least $300000 or something like that amount.
I'm having second thought on selling our house in UK, I just love it so much I cant think of anybody else living in it, I know it sounds daft.
Well he said we cant keep the house because thats the condition we got the visa, is he right.
All help would be gladly recieved.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:44 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is this right about STNI visa...

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Hubby is telling me when he was doing the form for the STNI Visa, somewhere in it he read that you have to bring at least $300000 or something like that amount.
I'm having second thought on selling our house in UK, I just love it so much I cant think of anybody else living in it, I know it sounds daft.
Well he said we cant keep the house because thats the condition we got the visa, is he right.
I have never heard of that condition being attached to an STNI visa. Sometimes to get an extra 5 points you may be asked to deposit $100,000 in Oz for a year.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:55 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this right about STNI visa...

well I'm impressed if you can get 300k in cash as profit on your house!
but I think your hubby is very wrong - that's not needed - heck even the bonus points are only 100k
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

We originally applied for a STNI visa and were not told anything about having to bring $300,000 dollars (or any amount ), if we had we wouldn't have been able to apply.

All I remember then saying is that you were advised to have enough money to last you until you got a job
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. I think me and him are going to have a little chat, so if we dont bring any money as he hopefully is going to have job when we arrive would that still effect our visa, or do we have to bring with us at least $100,000.
yes the sell of the house would bring a little over 300k profit.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=chris and farideh]Thanks for that. I think me and him are going to have a little chat, so if we dont bring any money as he hopefully is going to have job when we arrive would that still effect our visa, or do we have to bring with us at least $100,000.
yes the sell of the house would bring a little over 300k profit.[/QUO

Had him on the phone, he said he never said 300k, he said 100k .
Any way he said that is the condition of the visa where you have to show you can support yourself.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 12:45 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Had him on the phone, he said he never said 300k, he said 100k .
Any way he said that is the condition of the visa where you have to show you can support yourself.
yes you have to show you can support yourselves until you find employment, as you cannot get any benefits.