Is this right?

Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is this right?

Hi have i got this right, when we get to oz we will have to pay for a doctors appointment including the children's, contraception like the pill (which is free in the UK) and dental treatment for the kids. School books for kids and a voluntary contribution to the school. Is there any think else.

Do they have TVL or council tax.

Well i know one thing if the pill is not free i am sending my other half for the chop, get our moneys worth out of the NHS before we go.

Stacey
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:10 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this right?

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi have i got this right, when we get to oz we will have to pay for a doctors appointment including the children's, contraception like the pill (which is free in the UK) and dental treatment for the kids. School books for kids and a voluntary contribution to the school. Is there any think else.

Well i know one thing if the pill is not free i am sending my other half for the chop, get our moneys worth out of the NHS before we go.

Stacey

Not too sure as still in the UK but you have to pay some costs at the schools as well as Docs. Depends if the bulk bill?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Stacey
It does cost for doctors appointments, but should look for a bulk billing one which means you don't pay (I don't know the ins and outs). You have to pay for all pills and stuff again not sure of the amount as we have not had to do this yet...........but I have been told that the chop is free

This link is for Medicare, if you go to it then there is also a PBS link regarding prescription charges http://www.medicare.gov.au/

As regards to council tax (rates) we have a 4 bed in Wellington Point, Bayside, Brisbane and our rates are $500 per 1/4
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Stacey
If the doctor Bulk Bills you pay nothing.

Here in canberra though, bulk billing doctors are rare and it usually costs atleast $55 for a basic visit to the doctor. Roughly half of which can be claimed back from a Medicare Office.

If you are a real low income earner you can get free dental treatment but the waiting list is often nearly 1 and a half years long...

dentists cost a lot of money.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

What about child immunisation do you have to pay for that?

Stacey
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

You do have to pay for the pill here. I got 6 months supply from UK before leaving so have not had to worry about it yet. So stock up before you come as it will save you some money at the start!

Stella
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:35 pm
ABCDiamond

Stacey
Stacey,
Have a look at http://www.britzinoz.com/info/medical.htm for some info and links, including explanation of Bulk Billing.

Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Stacey
How old are your kids ? and were are you planning on moving to ?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are hoping to move to QLD not sure where. I have 3 kids 8,6 and 5 months.

Stacey
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stacey
You will need to get hep B for the 8 and 6 year olds which is around £120, as for you 5 mth old I don't know how much those ones are sorry!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

The pill is no drama as far as cost goes, you can get a 4 month supply for under $20. I had to get a 3 month supply for $66 last time I needed a restock as they were out of the cheaper brand :scared: Its my own fault for leaving it until I needed them tho
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
You will need to get hep B for the 8 and 6 year olds which is around £120, as for you 5 mth old I don't know how much those ones are sorry!
My kids (17 and 19) are immunised up to their eyeballs (they were born here) and I've never had to pay a cent for any of the immunisations.

The baby ones were done via the local council's scheme and were free. Subsequent ones done by bulk-billing or even non-bulk-billing doctors were also free. They even had a couple at school and they were free also.

Most non-bulk-billing doctors will bulk-bill for kids. Even if they don't, I've never encountered any that charge for immunisations.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:41 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Stacey

You can go to the free child immunisations clinics which are run by most local councils under the National Immunisation Program Schedule (including the Hepatitis B one) if you can not find a bulk billing doctor (a bulk billing doctor should be able to do them too)

( this first link is from Victorian gov but it's exactly the same Au wide " The routine schedule of vaccines provided for free under the National Immunisation Program Schedule in Victoria from 1 November 2005 is as follows:http://www.health.vic.gov.au/immunis...s/schedule.htm)

National Immunisation Australia site;
http://immunise.health.gov.au/information.htm

If you can't find a bulk billing doctor phone your local council and ask about the free child immunisations clinics the councils will be able to tell you where and when the free clinics are held each month.

Dentists cost as been mentioned
doctors are "free" if you find a bulk billing one

council tax - yes we pay rates, it depends on the area you are living in regarding average costs etc.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Feb 28th 2006 at 11:48 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Most childhood vaccinations are free now, as long as you find a doctor that bulkbills.

However some vaccines such as Meningococcal C and Varicella have only recently been added to the free immunisation schedule. To get the vaccine free there may be age limits applicable.

Another one is Hep b its advised at age 10 - 13 but to get it free the child must actually be 13.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:00 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Another one is Hep b its advised at age 10 - 13 but to get it free the child must actually be 13.
Babies are now vaccinated for Hepatitis B for free at birth, then again at two and 4 months. besides later in life too

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.