Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Richmond NSW, General INFO

Richmond NSW, General INFO

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

paul.joanne.fraser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Richmond NSW, General INFO

Hi, can anyone please inform me about living in or around Richmond NSW. My family and I should be moving there around August 2009. I have 2 boys (11, 10) who are big into all sports. Both are doing really well at school, so information on good schools both private and public would be greatly appreciated. Housing and shops etc

Thank you

Paul and family

PS, Fairly new to all this stuff
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Snap-On is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Richmond NSW, General INFO

Originally Posted by paul.joanne.fraser
Hi, can anyone please inform me about living in or around Richmond NSW. My family and I should be moving there around August 2009. I have 2 boys (11, 10) who are big into all sports. Both are doing really well at school, so information on good schools both private and public would be greatly appreciated. Housing and shops etc

Thank you

Paul and family

PS, Fairly new to all this stuff
Hi there,
Contact mrs jackaroo here on BE, she will tell you all you need to know.

Good luck with eveything xx
Old Apr 25th 2009, 9:26 am
ABCDiamond

I recall answering this same question in about 2004, but I can't remember what I said back then, and things may have changed a bit.

I lived not too far from there, and my wife worked in Windsor. We did consider living around Windsor, as some parts are very nice.

Try not to live directly under the flightpaths though

Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:25 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul

PM responded to!! If I can be of anymore help at all just ask

ABC.. I believe it was probably me who asked those questions all those years ago! Been here over 3 years now

Snap-on... who are ya? Just 3 posts and you remember me... who did u used to be???

Rach xxxx
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:29 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
ABC.. I believe it was probably me who asked those questions all those years ago! Been here over 3 years now
Hope I helped
And hope you settled in

Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:49 am

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Hope I helped
And hope you settled in
You sure did ABC... as always
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I recall answering this same question in about 2004, but I can't remember what I said back then, and things may have changed a bit.

I lived not too far from there, and my wife worked in Windsor. We did consider living around Windsor, as some parts are very nice.

Try not to live directly under the flightpaths though
Thank you all for your help, will be back soon for some more advice!!

Regards,

Paul and family
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:59 am
Just Joined

foxy_rich will become famous soon enough

I don't have kids so can't comment on schools but as for the housing/shops thing, house prices are generally higher here due to the Sydney urban sprawl creeping ever closer. Some good deals in Kellyville and Rouse Hill though, not too far away.

As for shops, Richmond has a couple of small malls, which include the usual Woolworths/Coles/Big W etc. Windsor is good for more boutique shopping, and bigger malls are at Penrith and Rouse Hill (both about 20 mins away).

Hope that helps!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by foxy_rich
I don't have kids so can't comment on schools but as for the housing/shops thing, house prices are generally higher here due to the Sydney urban sprawl creeping ever closer. Some good deals in Kellyville and Rouse Hill though, not too far away.

As for shops, Richmond has a couple of small malls, which include the usual Woolworths/Coles/Big W etc. Windsor is good for more boutique shopping, and bigger malls are at Penrith and Rouse Hill (both about 20 mins away).

Hope that helps!
Thanks for your reply... all information received is helpful. Will look at these areas for local info. Thanks once again.

Paul,jo,aaron and lewis
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:01 am
Just Joined

kelv the raf painter is a jewel in the roughkelv the raf painter is a jewel in the roughkelv the raf painter is a jewel in the roughkelv the raf painter is a jewel in the roughkelv the raf painter is a jewel in the rough

Hi Paul,

We are in the same boat as you, any info on the area would be great, My wife would like to find a job in the Richmond area she would start by doing anything really. We will move there on the 14th June 09 and are looking forward to it.

Any areas to Avoid living aroud Richmond Air base?

Cheers

Kelvin & Lore
Old May 4th 2009, 8:45 am

Hi Kelve

I've sent a fair bit of info to Paul - I'll have a look at my messages and send you anything thats relevant

Rachelle