Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Richard Branson, Dotty and Skippy the Kangaroo

Richard Branson, Dotty and Skippy the Kangaroo

Old Jun 24th 2003, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Richard Branson, Dotty and Skippy the Kangaroo

First up, I do not post on the immigration forum. If I wanted to put people off I would post there.

Secondly this great forum is an endangered specis due to people jumping up and down like Skippy the Kangaroo everytime somebody dares to suggest normal day to day events happen in OZ. Many new arrivals here are shot down in flames the minute they dare to impart some day to day info on real life in OZ, great welcome folks.

TRY THIS - instead of doing your finest skippy tantrum next time somebody posts a drawback/negative why not use it to your advantage.

Take Richard Branson, comes out to OZ sees its overpriced monopoly on domestic airfares. Complains no way, sees it as a great opportunity to set up one of the most successful enterprises australia has ever seen, thank you to a Pom from 20 million Aussies who can now afford a local flight.

Try this on a smaller scale, Take crime in Perth. Woops! a new arrival was probably hung for suggesting High crime rate there. What would I think, great, all my UK knowledge of security systems is going to make me a smacko load of $$$$ out that way.
How many burglar alarms are going to be sold there.

Car break ins, have you seen a car alarm here they are usually those clamps you put on the steering wheel! Big opportuity there folks.

House prices have gone up. If you were listening you would have picked up tips from Dotty and Jacqui on two suburbs that prices went through the roof in.

Summers hot as hell, work it, very few houses have air condit, any electrician coming out could make a packet.

This website contains some strong stuff on reality. Why complain about it? do what some living here have done and turn it to your advantage, nothing like a country that is a few years behind to provide opportunites that have already been tried and tested Overseas. Worked for me.

Think about it next time you feel a Skippy Fit coming on. "Skippy skippy skippy the bush kangaroo"
:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Jun 24th 2003, 1:44 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Branson, Dotty and Skippy the Kangaroo

Originally posted by dotty
First up, I do not post on the immigration forum. If I wanted to put people off I would post there.

Take Richard Branson, comes out to OZ sees its overpriced monopoly on domestic airfares. Complains no way, sees it as a great opportunity to set up one of the most successful enterprises australia has ever seen, thank you to a Pom from 20 million Aussies who can now afford a local flight.

Think about it next time you feel a Skippy Fit coming on. "Skippy skippy skippy the bush kangaroo"
:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Like it , as you say if the refugees took in all the banter they could indeed make a new life out of doing what most Aussies cannot or will not do.
This is still a young country far behind Europe and America so having Hi-Tech skills is wasted on it , most of the trades are tied up in red tape , that leaves supplying the punters with what they need and Sir Richard is doing that as can any clued up newcomer.

Old Jun 24th 2003, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are none so blind as those that don't want to see.

Your good advice Dotty is wasted on the majority.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 2:37 am
The Tooth Fairy

Good advice but still laced with arsenic:
"TRY THIS - instead of doing your finest skippy tantrum next time somebody posts a drawback/negative why not use it to your advantage."
which added nothing to the quality of the post and only served to inform readers of your bitchy nature.

Old Jun 24th 2003, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by The Tooth Fairy
Good advice but still laced with arsenic:
"TRY THIS - instead of doing your finest skippy tantrum next time somebody posts a drawback/negative why not use it to your advantage."
which added nothing to the quality of the post and only served to inform readers of your bitchy nature.
Oh get a sense of humour.

I thought the image of adult pommie immos jumping up and down screaming "not its not no its not" whilst wearing a skippy suit was quite funny. All that sun must have gone to me head.

Not quite as funny tho as me sir richie and a Kangaroo, never mind I really must grow up and become very serious.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 2:54 am
The Tooth Fairy

Oh get a sense of humour.

I thought the image of adult pommie immos jumping up and down screaming "not its not no its not" whilst wearing a skippy suit was quite funny. All that sun must have gone to me head.

Not quite as funny tho as me sir richie and a Kangaroo, never mind I really must grow up and become very serious.
I don't like what you call "humour". It comes across to me as bitchiness. Had you included yourself along with others in a way where we could all laugh at ourselves then it would be homourous.

Old Jun 24th 2003, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't like what you call "humour". It comes across to me as bitchiness. Had you included yourself along with others in a way where we could all laugh at ourselves then it would be homourous.

I can assure you the Dotty Richie and the Kangaroo Skit was indeed humour at myself. I'd never go out with richie in real life, I mean just look at those teeth.

Last edited by dotty; Jun 24th 2003 at 3:02 am.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 3:01 am
The Tooth Fairy

May I assure you that the Dotty, Richie and the Kangaroo skit was indeed humour at myself, I mean I would never go out with Sir Richard in real life, I mean look at those teeth.
I don't recall having seen your teeth but your bite is familiar. Perhaps post a pic - just the teeth will do?

Old Jun 24th 2003, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't recall having seen your teeth but your bite is familiar. Perhaps post a pic - just the teeth will do?
Jealousy will get you nowhere, just cause Sir Rich never invited you along. Threes a crowd you know.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 5:04 am
The Tooth Fairy

Jealousy will get you nowhere, just cause Sir Rich never invited you along. Threes a crowd you know.
Would be unseemly for all three of us to simultaneously lock em-braces.

Old Jun 24th 2003, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dotty

Secondly this great forum is an endangered specis due to people jumping up and down like Skippy the Kangaroo everytime somebody dares to suggest normal day to day events happen in OZ. Many new arrivals here are shot down in flames the minute they dare to impart some day to day info on real life in OZ, great welcome folks.

TRY THIS - instead of doing your finest skippy tantrum next time somebody posts a drawback/negative why not use it to your advantage.

Your posts are getting even more patronising Dotty.
You and PB are the biggest complainers on here maybe you should set up a partnership and start up a moaning helpline in Oz
You could be Agony Aunt and Uncle.

Old Jun 24th 2003, 6:10 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stoney

Your posts are getting even more patronising Dotty.
You and PB are the biggest complainers on here maybe you should set up a partnership and start up a moaning helpline in Oz

Stick to your hammer its your only hope no one will pay you for your brains.

Old Jun 24th 2003, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stoney
r posts are getting even more patronising Dotty.

I'm sure if there was a few million in it I would have already done it. However nice first try at a Business idea.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Stick to your hammer its your only hope no one will pay you for your brains.

Old Jun 24th 2003, 7:34 am
Banned

Originally posted by Stoney

Great this what you want to play with next , us little boys have such fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.