Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

rian at last !!!!!

Wikiposts

rian at last !!!!!

Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:08 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

You guys should try Mount Gambier.

In June it rained 160mm, and rained 22 out of the 30 days. Its expected to be wetter in July and August....
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I remember that

People telling you in Sing that December that it was a little too chilly to be swimming in the pool.
Bizarre when the official temp was the same 26-32 all year round
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:09 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
You guys should try Mount Gambier.

In June it rained 160mm, and rained 22 out of the 30 days. Its expected to be wetter in July and August....
ah but is it sore when it rains there?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:10 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RichS
I remember that

People telling you in Sing that December that it was a little too chilly to be swimming in the pool.
wow u could boil an egg in the pool at that temp
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:33 pm
rudo1ph

Originally posted by Ceri
never do I complain about rain .. and get this , I used to be one of those people who wore jumpers in Sing when it rained .. ( not just the singaporeans who this you know) always felt the cold if the temp dropped just a few c's.. and a silk puffer coat with hood .. nice and warm ( oG's) ... I found Aus cold moving here after sing .. I arrived around April in Newcastle.. and I bl**dy froze! .. still can't get used to the cold.. but funny thing when I back to The Uk in Feb/March this year for a month.. we had snow when I was back.. it was cold but I didn't feel it the same I do here.. and no I didn't sit indoors when I was back.

I used to get cold in Singers too!!! I even had to have a blanket on my bed at night sometimes........and we didn't use aircon - only fans!!!!

Those storms were fab, with or without rain. I used to lie in my hammock on the balcony and watch the sky flash flash flash.......

The rain and all year warmth is about the only thing I miss about Singers - I'm not a cold kind of person!!!!!!

Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:38 pm
rudo1ph

Originally posted by RichS
I remember that

Yep - you did get the OOOO factor if it was cloudy for a few days (but then I do like my pool warm )

However, there were times of year when diving in the pool was not refreshing enough........the water was too warm

Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:43 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by rudo1ph

However, there were times of year when diving in the pool was not refreshing enough........the water was too warm
ha ha ha that made me laugh
it brought back memories of our visits to ayr beach, when u go into the sea and stand still in the water for an hour till u warm up
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:46 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I used to get cold in Singers too!!! I even had to have a blanket on my bed at night sometimes........and we didn't use aircon - only fans!!!!

Those storms were fab, with or without rain. I used to lie in my hammock on the balcony and watch the sky flash flash flash.......

The rain and all year warmth is about the only thing I miss about Singers - I'm not a cold kind of person!!!!!!
Blanket in sing .. try a quilt ..lol.. seriously. Hubby always used to moan.. he used to have the aircon up full in the bedroom in the nights , I'm just happy with a fan in the nights ( I always just wanted the fan on.. and no aircon) and I used to have a quilt wrapped around me, middle of the nights .. I thought eh where's me quilt gone ... bleedin cold mun ... he used to pull the thing it off me and sort of roll in it... hence wrapping it around himself , sound asleep

still got the exact quilt .. which I'm still using along with my other three quilts and two blankets, and flannelette sheets, and two hot water bottles.. and fluffy teddy bear pyjamas in Brisbane... cold , I'm going worse.. I swear !

storms - I was up at 2am one morning ... and you know what they are like.. it was around December ( normally it doesn't rain in the nights..except for around say dec period) ... lightning all around, soaked to the skin in my night clothes rescuing some one day old kitten s which the B8stard a few doors down had dumped in a sack ..and just chucked them over into my garden ( some stray had given birth in his garden) ( I used to live in a house not a condo) .. they never survived of course.

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 8th 2004 at 5:49 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:52 pm
Master of verbal pish©

its pissin down again !!!!!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I used to drive the wife mad. I used to flick the A/c on about an hour before slumping time then turn it off once we got into bed. I find it hard to sleep with fans/aircon etc going off in the background.

I would say after a few months we got used to the heat anyway and it didn't bother me unduly.

The following December I too found the pool a bit chilly.

The rain was a cracker though. They know how to stick on a storm. I worked on the 35th floor of a block overlooking East Coast and you could watch the storms rolling around the area. Spectacular stuff it was too.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:56 pm
rudo1ph

Originally posted by Ceri
storms - I was up at 2am one morning ... and you know what they are like.. it was around December ( normally it doesn't rain in the nights..except for around say dec period) ... lightning all around, soaked to the skin in my night clothes rescuing some one day old kitten s which the B8stard a few doors down had dumped in a sack ..and just chucked them over into my garden ( some stray had given birth in his garden) ( I used to live in a house not a condo) .. they never survived of course.

Awww the little drain kitties with the stumpy tails - I know sooooooo many people who have adopted kitties from Singapore - a friend of mine rescues tons of animals and finds homes for them......I would have loved one, but I think my two kitties would have eaten a new one!!

Where in Singers did you live - we were near River Valley.

Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:57 pm
Master of verbal pish©

now thats the way to see a storm .35 floors up !!!!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:59 pm
rudo1ph

Originally posted by soapy
its pissin down again !!!!!

Well please can you send it a bit further north.......we've only had enough to lightly dampen the patio (and my washing!!! ) and could do with some more please........go on Soapy - get dancing again

Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:02 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Awww the little drain kitties with the stumpy tails - I know sooooooo many people who have adopted kitties from Singapore - a friend of mine rescues tons of animals and finds homes for them......I would have loved one, but I think my two kitties would have eaten a new one!!

Where in Singers did you live - we were near River Valley.
just off the west coast road... near clementi, near the west coast hawker centre... near the BP garage ... sh*te I'll be at my old address next . I actually brought two of those little stumpy tails here with me.. one which I rescued, he had his face bashed in by someone.. spent months on a drip. You don't want to know half that goes on there.. believe me.. with "them " chucking the strays into the inferno (government rounding them up... but not many people know that one,even some expats have not got a clue what happens half the time , a lot of people see clean surfaces and not the hidden). You never get used to it, the cruelty.

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 8th 2004 at 6:19 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Well please can you send it a bit further north.......we've only had enough to lightly dampen the patio (and my washing!!! ) and could do with some more please........go on Soapy - get dancing again
ill visit u and do a wee rain dance for u its not a pretty sight though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.