Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Review Board - STNI Victoria

Review Board - STNI Victoria

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Review Board - STNI Victoria

Good morning everyone
I have posted this thread on immigration but thought it may also apply to some of you waiting on this forum.

For those of you who have followed my thread about STNI I received an email this morning to say that my application for STNI Victoria was going to panel next week.

So for those of you who wish to apply for STNI Victoria I suggest that you submit application and CV pdq! as the review panel only meet every 8 weeks.

For those of us who are awaiting a result lets enjoy this weekend and hopefully we will all be happy next week with lots of positive threads.

Wishing everyone luck
Irene
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road

Just out of interest, what is your occupation?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by WhiteRose
Just out of interest, what is your occupation?
Hi
I am a nurse and although visa 47sk will be quicker I wish to live in Melbourne with family anyway so if this helps to process faster i am happy to oblige.
Irene
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by parkhigh
Hi
I am a nurse and although visa 47sk will be quicker I wish to live in Melbourne with family anyway so if this helps to process faster i am happy to oblige.
Irene
Thanks for that. I just wondered as I know someone who is waiting for a response from Victorian migration unit, but I think it will probably be a different panel.

All the best for your move to Melbourne, I'm sure you will love it here.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:54 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Review Board - STNI Victoria

Good morning everyone
I have posted this thread on immigration but thought it may also apply to some of you waiting on this forum.

For those of you who have followed my thread about STNI I received an email this morning to say that my application for STNI Victoria was going to panel next week.

So for those of you who wish to apply for STNI Victoria I suggest that you submit application and CV pdq! as the review panel only meet every 8 weeks.

For those of us who are awaiting a result lets enjoy this weekend and hopefully we will all be happy next week with lots of positive threads.

Wishing everyone luck
Irene
Thanks for that Irene

We've just received an email today stating that Hubby is 'eligible' as he is an Aiframe Fitter so we had better get a move on with the application now!

Cheers

Rachelle
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WhiteRose
Thanks for that. I just wondered as I know someone who is waiting for a response from Victorian migration unit, but I think it will probably be a different panel.

Hi
I thought that all applications were reviewed at the same time but they can only select x from each section e.g. the best applications from those submitted. Any applications that dont get selcected get reviewed next time in 8 weeks and so on and so forth. I may be wrong but I think that how it works.

So your friends application may be reviewed next week after all. Let us know if they are selected. I should imagine there will be a few positive threads next week. Heres hoping mine will be one of those!!!!
Irene

Melbourne 2004
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Rachelle

congratulations to you, it must start to seem real now. Have you carried out meds and police checks yet?
Where do you want to live?

Whiterose.....I apologise this post has confirmed your original thread, so I was wrong after all.
Maybe your friend will hear sooner what is it they do?
Irene
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:07 am

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rachelle

congratulations to you, it must start to seem real now. Have you carried out meds and police checks yet?
Where do you want to live?

Thanks! Haven't really done anything yet - its literally just at the stage where I emailed hubbies CV and they got straight back to us (the same day) stating that he is eligible to apply for STNI - not been through the application process yet (sorry if I confused things with my previous post). We were hoping to initially go across on Employer Sponsorship but its not looking so good on that front now - this is our back up!

Cheers

Rachelle
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Posting CV;s

I didnt know you could email your CV's off for Victoria emigration, thats where we want to go, , just wondering if its worth emailing my hubbys CV first before we do a skill assessment, he comes under the title Fibrous Plasterer. Will they tell me if his skill is needed there.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:49 am

Default Re: Posting CV;s

Originally posted by midge04
I didnt know you could email your CV's off for Victoria emigration, thats where we want to go, , just wondering if its worth emailing my hubbys CV first before we do a skill assessment, he comes under the title Fibrous Plasterer. Will they tell me if his skill is needed there.
Hi

Yes emailing them isn't a problem at all!

Here's the link for the skills in demand:-

http://www.migration.vic.gov.au/CA25...Lookup/Skills/$file/Skills%20in%20Demand%20December%202003.doc

and here's the email address:-

[email protected]

HTH

Rachelle
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:52 am

Originally posted by tygwyn
Hi

Yes emailing them isn't a problem at all!

Here's the link for the skills in demand:-

http://www.migration.vic.gov.au/CA25...Lookup/Skills/$file/Skills%20in%20Demand%20December%202003.doc

and here's the email address:-

[email protected]

HTH

Rachelle

Might need to copy and paste that link!!
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by midge04

Hi
Yes send in your hubbys cv asap to them and they will let you know if eligable. Once confirmed you will have to complete skills assessment and also complete visa application.
I have already applied and sent in visa application but have applied for stni vic as well.
Any queries drop us a line but I think the various panels are reviewing applicants as we speak so apply now.
Irene