Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To Reveal or Not...

To Reveal or Not...

Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of
Default To Reveal or Not...

Does taking advantage of being advertised as "No Upward Chain" when selling up mean that you have to reveal that you are emigrating?

I can see some buyers taking the pi*s if thats the case.

Flash.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To Reveal or Not...

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
Does taking advantage of being advertised as "No Upward Chain" when selling up mean that you have to reveal that you are emigrating?

I can see some buyers taking the pi*s if thats the case.

Flash.
none of their bloody business mate - we will say we are going into rented which of course we are . end of.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Tell them what ever you want as long as you sell the house
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

londonjas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Flash

I think its a big plus for buyers if there is no onward chain - it removes a large lump of uncertainty. When we purchased our current house the simple nature of the onward chain (there was one - but everything was in place) was a big plus.

You don't have to tell them your reasons - you could say you are relocating for work?

Only my two cents.......

Jason
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:28 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
none of their bloody business mate - we will say we are going into rented which of course we are . end of.
I'm too honest for my own good. I told the agent, who will no doubt pass it on to potential buyers Woe be tide anyone who tries to take advantage though
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by londonjas
Hi Flash

I think its a big plus for buyers if there is no onward chain - it removes a large lump of uncertainty. When we purchased our current house the simple nature of the onward chain (there was one - but everything was in place) was a big plus.

You don't have to tell them your reasons - you could say you are relocating for work?

Only my two cents.......

Jason

Hi Jason,

Yep, think you're right. Just wondered if anyone had come unstuck on this. going by my neighbour's experience there might not be anyone to reveal anything to. They've had 2 viewings in 6 months. Are things that bad everywhere?

Flash.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I'm too honest for my own good. I told the agent, who will no doubt pass it on to potential buyers Woe be tide anyone who tries to take advantage though

I think I can hear your teeth grinding from here. :scared:

Flash.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:19 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, in the end we were honest and just as well because one lot of viewers (who put in an offer but too late) knew our neighbours, so could have had egg on our faces if we'd told them a porky!!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

yeah, market is really slow all over, Mine has been on the market since march, had 6 couples looking and an offer for full asking price but sadly they need to sell theirs first. That offer came in in May but nothing from anyone else even though the house is still on the market.
Good luck