Returning to UK

Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Returning to UK

I have been reading lately about alot of people returning to the UK as the life in Australia did not suit them. I admire these people for giving it a go after all life is short and you cannot live on "what ifs". I would just like to give a little advice to people. I lived in Australia as a permanent resident for 18 years, I was never made a citizen. I returned to the UK in 1989 and now my husband and I want to move to Australia I am trying to get a former resident visa and have so far spent 12 months trying to gather information together. All I am trying to say is you do not know what the future holds, if I had got my citizenship before I left then I would not be going through all this now.

Good luck to everyone
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returning to UK

Originally Posted by sunshine23
I have been reading lately about alot of people returning to the UK as the life in Australia did not suit them. I admire these people for giving it a go after all life is short and you cannot live on "what ifs". I would just like to give a little advice to people. I lived in Australia as a permanent resident for 18 years, I was never made a citizen. I returned to the UK in 1989 and now my husband and I want to move to Australia I am trying to get a former resident visa and have so far spent 12 months trying to gather information together. All I am trying to say is you do not know what the future holds, if I had got my citizenship before I left then I would not be going through all this now.

Good luck to everyone
Very good advice. This is something JAJ always mentions too i.e it's better to gain citizenship and then go back therefore all options are open.

As a matter of interest sunshine23, why do you want to move back to Aus?

Are you having lots of problems getting back here?

Whereabouts in Bradford are you from? [I'm from your neck of the woods]

Good luck too. Anything us lot on here can help you with, just ask away