returning to oz

Old Apr 4th 2006, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default returning to oz

emigrated to oz in may 2004,in feb last year my ex_wife and daughter went back to england in feb 2005,my son stayed here with me.my daughter who validated her visa ,wants to come back and live with me to,does she have to re medical ,as its been over a year since she went back to england ,or can she just fly out again with no problems.cheers for any advice. alsobe nice to hear from any of the people i used to speak to on hear ,seems ages ago.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 10:39 am
Just Joined

EldonTyrell is a jewel in the roughEldonTyrell is a jewel in the roughEldonTyrell is a jewel in the roughEldonTyrell is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: returning to oz

i'm heading back too. if the visa is still valid (within the 5yrs) then she wont have to do her meds again. just get on the plane!!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:50 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thfc
emigrated to oz in may 2004,in feb last year my ex_wife and daughter went back to england in feb 2005,my son stayed here with me.my daughter who validated her visa ,wants to come back and live with me to,does she have to re medical ,as its been over a year since she went back to england ,or can she just fly out again with no problems.cheers for any advice. alsobe nice to hear from any of the people i used to speak to on hear ,seems ages ago.
Your ex would most likely have to 'sign' custody over to you or else the two of you come to some legal agreeemnt re: holidays/access etc

Your daughter may well have a valid visa but this alone would not be enough as Australia is a signatory to the hague convention.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:22 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Your ex would most likely have to 'sign' custody over to you or else the two of you come to some legal agreeemnt re: holidays/access etc

Your daughter may well have a valid visa but this alone would not be enough as Australia is a signatory to the hague convention.
Mmmmmm........not sure about that KC.
To get visas yes but that's not the case here.
Will depend on the age too.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:42 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Mmmmmm........not sure about that KC.
To get visas yes but that's not the case here.
Will depend on the age too.
I think without a legal document approved by the courts the mother could claim custody of the child (saying it was just a holiday to spend some time with dad and bro) and demand her repatriation to the UK, especially if she can back this up by official documentation and records in UK.

Age is a consideration yes. It just pays to do your homework when the life and future of a child is at stake.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

my daughter is 17 in july.in our seperation(which was done in the courts in oz).it was stated i would have my son,and my ex would have my daughter.the finance side was all sorted at the time and been paid in full to my ex,and it was agrreed there would be no claims by either parent for the child who stayed with them.cheers
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:20 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Not really sure about your situation, just wanted to say hello.

Are you still doing the steel fixing?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fraser
Not really sure about your situation, just wanted to say hello.

Are you still doing the steel fixing?
like the picture,one of my heroes , i use to watch west ham train when i was a kid and living in romford.yes im still steelfixing.my son whos 15 ,wasnt very good at school but got him a bricklaying apprentiship and he is doing brilliant and loves his job,he will be qualified bricklayer just before his 18th birthday.i have met a lovely aussie girl,and we are expecting our baby boy (heath) on may 6th,god i love australia.where are you from .cheers
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:36 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

like the picture,one of my heroes , i use to watch west ham train when i was a kid and living in romford.yes im still steelfixing.my son whos 15 ,wasnt very good at school but got him a bricklaying apprentiship and he is doing brilliant and loves his job,he will be qualified bricklayer just before his 18th birthday.i have met a lovely aussie girl,and we are expecting our baby boy (heath) on may 6th,god i love australia.where are you from .cheers
I'm from Barkingside and now we're in Point Cook, you gave me some advice when I first joined the site about plumbing exams and I failed at one today, see my thread.

I liked it over Langwarrin but the missus didn't and we're now building over here

Maybe I should have ditched her for an Aussie
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

I'm from Barkingside and now we're in Point Cook, you gave me some advice when I first joined the site about plumbing exams and I failed at one today, see my thread.

I liked it over Langwarrin but the missus didn't and we're now building over here

Maybe I should have ditched her for an Aussie
what hapened to good old 15 and 22mm copper pipe and yorkshire fittings.(they got banned here).i worked for a plumber here for a month,but cause i wernt liscensed,he promised me a ute,cbus etc but never came up with any of it,so i jacked.the majority of my steelfixing work is round altona,laverton,etc is that near you ,i could have a word with my guvnor for you if you wanted,i know weve got a lot of work coming up.(ps hes a pom,and a mad west ham fan)
Old Apr 5th 2006, 9:09 am
Banned

my daughter is 17 in july.in our seperation(which was done in the courts in oz).it was stated i would have my son,and my ex would have my daughter.the finance side was all sorted at the time and been paid in full to my ex,and it was agrreed there would be no claims by either parent for the child who stayed with them.cheers
At 17 years of age I cannot see any court even for a moment trying to restrict your daughter's movement's or deny her her wishes to travel to OZ. She is far too close to being of legal adult age I would think, that said I'm no expert, but it just seems commonsense. I think it would be pretty safe to assume she can travel to OZ independently and without any inconveinence.

Good luck
Old Apr 5th 2006, 9:10 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

dont thing she'd need anything cos you validated and she is returning within five years. dont quote me, but thats what i understood. does it say anything on the visa?

good luck.....nice to see you back - i remember you from the early days.....let us know how it goes.

sue
Old Apr 5th 2006, 9:47 am

what hapened to good old 15 and 22mm copper pipe and yorkshire fittings.(they got banned here).i worked for a plumber here for a month,but cause i wernt liscensed,he promised me a ute,cbus etc but never came up with any of it,so i jacked.the majority of my steelfixing work is round altona,laverton,etc is that near you ,i could have a word with my guvnor for you if you wanted,i know weve got a lot of work coming up.(ps hes a pom,and a mad west ham fan)
Cheers mate, Altona and Laverton are on my doorstep, I'm open to anything at the moment.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
dont thing she'd need anything cos you validated and she is returning within five years. dont quote me, but thats what i understood. does it say anything on the visa?

good luck.....nice to see you back - i remember you from the early days.....let us know how it goes.

sue
hi,hope you are keeping well,remember you to.it doesnt say anything on the visas,tried to get in touch with my migration agent but they dont do it no more.ps,why are you still in sheffield,must of been 2yrs since we last talked on here.be lucky.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Cheers mate, Altona and Laverton are on my doorstep, I'm open to anything at the moment.
i will have a word tommorow,do you have a red card.i started steelfixing at 41,its hard work on the back and you dont need to be einstein.but it pays the bills,you wood earn over 50 grand a year for a 36 hr week with rdo every 2nd monday and all your holidays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.