Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Returning to Manly from a night out in the city?

Returning to Manly from a night out in the city?

Old May 22nd 2005, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Returning to Manly from a night out in the city?

Hi everyone.

Picture this.....you stumble out of a bar at midnight in central Sydney and you need to get back to Manly.

How do you do it? I assume the ferry stops running at 11ish. How about a train to North Sydney and then a taxi, or a taxi direct?? What would the cost of these be??

Cheers

SS
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:04 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Returning to Manly from a night out in the city?

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi everyone.

Picture this.....you stumble out of a bar at midnight in central Sydney and you need to get back to Manly.

How do you do it? I assume the ferry stops running at 11ish. How about a train to North Sydney and then a taxi, or a taxi direct?? What would the cost of these be??

Cheers

SS
Save the cab, drink in Manly.

M

Old May 22nd 2005, 10:08 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.

Cheers

SS
Go drinking with someone who lives in central sydney

Louise
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by louise4
Go drinking with someone who lives in central sydney

Louise

Excellent options - I expect I will do both!!

But if anyone knows what the average cab fare is please feel free to let me know

I thank you

SS
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:45 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Excellent options - I expect I will do both!!

But if anyone knows what the average cab fare is please feel free to let me know

I thank you

SS
Daytime fare, city centre to Queesncliff, $45.
or the 151 bus from Wynard runs hourly as late as 3:50am and takes half an hour.
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Daytime fare, city centre to Queesncliff, $45.
or the 151 bus from Wynard runs hourly as late as 3:50am and takes half an hour.
Thanks for your help - I didnt realise there is a nighbus out to Manly (I assume that that is where Wynard is?). Or is Wynard in the city centre?

Cheers

SS
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:35 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Thanks for your help - I didnt realise there is a nighbus out to Manly (I assume that that is where Wynard is?). Or is Wynard in the city centre?

Cheers

SS
Typo, it's Wynyard. One of the main stations in the city for bus and train, esp heading to the north shore.
I went to the Transport InfoLine website for that info. Their trip planner is highly recommended. www.131500.com which incidentally is their phone number.
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Typo, it's Wynyard. One of the main stations in the city for bus and train, esp heading to the north shore.
I went to the Transport InfoLine website for that info. Their trip planner is highly recommended. www.131500.com which incidentally is their phone number.
Thanks very much - I didnt relaise you could get a night bus all the way out there! Bonus!!!

SS