Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Returning Australian Expats - Advice on Utilities

Wikiposts

Returning Australian Expats - Advice on Utilities

Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:58 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning Australian Expats - Advice on Utilities

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Lived in Oz up to a few years ago, planned return in next 18 months, has anyone has any difficulties in getting utility accounts (elec) and phone's back on?

We were the perfect customers over in Oz, paid on time and have old bills to back up.

Thanks in advance

Would you say you have learned anything from moving back to the UK that will help you deal with going back to Oz, in the way of coping with homesickness etc?

Will you do anything different from last time?

I think it would be useful to know, from someone who has been there and done that sort of thing.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

debbo will become famous soon enoughdebbo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WendyC
As soon as possible to Adelaide. Hopefully around March (if they ever send the Visa)
i note that like myself you are hoping to go in march, depending on visa. We are also in this position. But going to Griffith NSW. Unsure about sorting things like healthcare, bank accounts and the dog. Do we wait until we have the visa or start organising now. Im meant to start my new job in March.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:12 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Would you say you have learned anything from moving back to the UK that will help you deal with going back to Oz, in the way of coping with homesickness etc?

Will you do anything different from last time?

I think it would be useful to know, from someone who has been there and done that sort of thing.
Do you know Sam I reckon it is going to be harder, a lot harder, as the older you get I find that you do get pulled back to your roots, the whole reason for coming back to the UK for a few years.

I am constantly pulled in many directions to where I want to be, having had such a great time this Christmas & NY, the best for many years, it is hard to see me even getting into the cab to the airport This is made worse by reading about the tough times and your loss this holiday , wanting to spend a much time with my family whilst I can.

I remember the inner feeling of loneliness living in Australia, I was surrounded by great pals, had a lovely life but it felt as if something was missing, I hope to the highest I don't feel like this on our return.

In saying that, we had a better standard of life in Australia and so many more opportunities than here, so what do you do

Just taking each day as it comes and going to enjoy every minute of 2006 as much as we can
Old Jan 1st 2006, 3:00 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Do you know Sam I reckon it is going to be harder, a lot harder, as the older you get I find that you do get pulled back to your roots, the whole reason for coming back to the UK for a few years.

I am constantly pulled in many directions to where I want to be, having had such a great time this Christmas & NY, the best for many years, it is hard to see me even getting into the cab to the airport This is made worse by reading about the tough times and your loss this holiday , wanting to spend a much time with my family whilst I can.

I remember the inner feeling of loneliness living in Australia, I was surrounded by great pals, had a lovely life but it felt as if something was missing, I hope to the highest I don't feel like this on our return.

In saying that, we had a better standard of life in Australia and so many more opportunities than here, so what do you do

Just taking each day as it comes and going to enjoy every minute of 2006 as much as we can
If I were you, I would make sure you are going back for the right reasons and if something feels wrong, that is because it usually is.