Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Return ticket, get one.

Wikiposts

Return ticket, get one.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We are buying multi stop one way. There is no way I want to come back here within a year! Anyway at some point you have to buy a one way don't you.

Looking through the prices on the Aussie Flight centre the prices from Oz->uk look similar to uk-> Oz.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:47 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Return ticket, get one.

Originally posted by Florida_03
Never been to Fortitude Valley late Friday night then?
Hey, don't knock 'The Valley'. Every city has to have one you know.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

We have booked one way. We could have got a return for not much more but would have lost the double baggage allowance (60Kg each instead of 30). Wendy has told me she thinks we will have 14 cases averaging 20Kg each (there's 5 of us).

Mike.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:59 am
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

Originally posted by tinaj
We are buying multi stop one way. There is no way I want to come back here within a year! Anyway at some point you have to buy a one way don't you.

me too, in fact ive allready bought my one way ticket to oz with 5 night stop over in tokyo.
my goal is to stop there for at least 2 years to make it worth the while, at least then when ive citizenship i can do what i want with out all this form filling in mallarky....
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:02 am
Sydney since Oct 04

l_jg is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

Who did you book your flight through?? - everywhere that I have looked they only give you the normal 20kg. We're not planning on taking much, so the 60kg each might just suffice.....

Lisa
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

We are with Singapore airlines. There normal allowance is 20kg and 30kg for business class. They give you double (40 or 60) if you book one way and have an unvalidated visa.

HTH

Mike.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going with Cathay, booked by phone through Austravel - I had to send a copy of the visa, and it has to be a one-way ticket, but they assure me I will get the double baggage allowance.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:28 am
Sydney since Oct 04

l_jg is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

thanks to you all! As soon as our visa comes through we'll be booking one way and hoping the airlines haven't changed their minds in a year or two.

Lisa
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told that the 40kg migrant baggage allowance (Economy) was available with all the major Asian carriers if you have a one-way ticket - Thai, Malaysian, Singapore. Plus Qantas/BA but only if you book with a Qantas flight number.

Need to send visa photocopy to airline via travel agent beforehand though.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 7:39 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you get it confirmed though - Austravel told me I could have 40 kilos with Qantas, but when they booked the flight with the airline Qantas refused it, and said 40 kilos only if I booked direct - a mere £170 extra!!
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

lisa, go via usa and get two piece luggage system per person (2 x 32kg each!)
we fly ba/qantas via los angeles in sept.
karen
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Why your opinions of the promised land will be far more interesting as we both know the UK but the new refugees coming have little idea about the Clever Country ( my arse) , that guy Keating was a great comic.

Hey Pollyanna i guess some of your opinions of this clever country come from your clever aussie boyfriend.....

PB what about your arse? Not as pretty as your face or have I got that the wrong way round
Nothing to be ashamed of - Keating was not a handsome man either....
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 10:39 am
Home and Happy

You'd be right there Ruthyman - rather than basing all my opinions on what immigrants and expats have to say, I've also listened to - and learnt from - people born and bred in Australia. Gives a realistic view of life, rather than just reading those glossy brochures!

As for PB's arse - not a pretty thought at any time of day, never mind just before bed - yeuch!
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
You'd be right there Ruthyman - rather than basing all my opinions on what immigrants and expats have to say, I've also listened to - and learnt from - people born and bred in Australia. Gives a realistic view of life, rather than just reading those glossy brochures!

As for PB's arse - not a pretty thought at any time of day, never mind just before bed - yeuch!

Some logic for you:

Your interest is in whether you will like Oz or not as a place to live and grow old in.

The only point in asking others their opinion is to help you decide by saying to yourself "If they like it, and they are like me, then maybe I will like it."

You are not born and bred in Oz, so your future experience will not be that of an ozzie in oz but someone who was not born and bred in Oz.

You are therefore more likely to get useful info, regarding YOUR likely future experiences, from people who, like you, were also not born and bred in Oz.

Those people are ex-pats.

You are asking the wrong people and expecting useful advice from ozzies who have been born and bred in Oz on whether an ex-UKer will like Oz is misguided. Even boyfriends and boyfriends' friends and family can be biased - in fact, they are more biased about your particular case than anyone here.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 12:10 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Return ticket, get one.

Originally posted by DavidT
You mentioned manufacturing in oz in a earlier post. You might as well visit these places before you leave, coz there's less here than in OZ, only warehousing & more unhappy immo's than the 5 of you there. :scared:
You soft lad there is bugger all manufacturing in OZ the UK out produces Australia in by 20-1 so dream on , just big holes here get your shovel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.