Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Return ticket, get one.

Return ticket, get one.

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 9:01 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Return ticket, get one.

Save yourself £100's, Make sure you think about getting a return ticket.
1 they usually are ok for 12 month's, well you never know, sod's law & all that.
2 dearer to book from Oz
3 peace of mind, & if there is a panick you don't have to react irrationally OR pay through the nose as with all emmergencies.
4 You may only save £100 if you book 1 way in any case
5 If you do have to go back within the 12 months, you can book again from the uk & have the people you are over there to support, know you are only a day away again if a follow up is required.

I for one would sleep with mystic meg if it helped, well she may be right one day.
It would also be just my luck to sort my life out nice & dandy when some inconsiderate relative decides to go on there travels to a different world. :
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

I'm doing this route. Have named a Dummy date to return. However have a couple of doubts:

- Will the airline use my return for a short notice trip, i.e ill-health of parent.

- Don't plan to return every year. Will have to book a single one day.

Roger
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Return ticket, get one.

Originally posted by DavidT
1 they usually are ok for 12 month's, well you never know, sod's law & all that.
2 dearer to book from Oz
3 peace of mind, & if there is a panick you don't have to react irrationally OR pay through the nose as with all emmergencies.
5 If you do have to go back within the 12 months, you can book again from the uk & have the people you are over there to support, know you are only a day away again if a follow up is required.

I for one would sleep with mystic meg if it helped, well she may be right one day.
It would also be just my luck to sort my life out nice & dandy when some inconsiderate relative decides to go on there travels to a different world. :

Good advice.

Best reason for getting a return ticket is that you already have one when you realise what a mistake you have made in emigrating in the first place.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 1:32 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

2 dearer to book from Oz

What great input makes a nice change from the help where are the life boats shite.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 7:48 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by pommie bastard
What great input makes a nice change from the help where are the life boats shite.

The boats are all on the way to the UK PB, to join the growth industries of warehousing & refugees. See you in OZ next year.

How many more posts till you move then?
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 7:54 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

The boats are all on the way to the UK PB, to join the growth industries of warehousing & refugees. See you in OZ next year.

How many more posts till you move then?
Only time will tell only 4 weeks left must fly the OB happy hour waits for no man.
Nice to see that you not clued up on Australia it has more of both and less of most other things apart from bloody big holes that employ few.
May I welcome you as a new Pom refugee to the land of the useless.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 7:56 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

apart from bloody big holes that employ few.

Never been to Fortitude Valley late Friday night then?
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 7:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dearest PB, do promise us you will keep posting when you get back to the UK - I'm sure there are lots of us who will be interested to hear your views ...............
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 7:58 am
Banned

Originally posted by Florida_03
Never been to Fortitude Valley late Friday night then?

Must try it but not in opening hours.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 8:01 am
Banned

Originally posted by Pollyana
Dearest PB, do promise us you will keep posting when you get back to the UK - I'm sure there are lots of us who will be interested to hear your views ...............

Why your opinions of the promised land will be far more interesting as we both know the UK but the new refugees coming have little idea about the Clever Country ( my arse) , that guy Keating was a great comic.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 8:07 am
Not here

Must try it but not in opening hours.

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore could give you some tips, but Jayne Mansfield no longer needs the service they rendered.

"Hamburger stand, no hamburgers but"
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 8:08 am
Purveyor of Beaches

Only time will tell only 4 weeks left must fly the OB happy hour waits for no man.
Nice to see that you not clued up on Australia it has more of both and less of most other things apart from bloody big holes that employ few.
May I welcome you as a new Pom refugee to the land of the useless.

You mentioned manufacturing in oz in a earlier post. You might as well visit these places before you leave, coz there's less here than in OZ, only warehousing & more unhappy immo's than the 5 of you there. :scared:
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 8:12 am
Not here

You mentioned manufacturing in oz in a earlier post. You might as well visit these places before you leave, coz there's less here than in OZ, only warehousing & more unhappy immo's than the 5 of you there. :scared:
5...we let 5 in..."Ruddock you little bastard...get back here...when I get my hands on...."
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 8:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to disappoint PB, but once I arrive in Oz I shall be too busy carrying out my fiance's every wish. ......... nothing outrageous you understand cos we're not married yet, just fetching his beer, cleaning the car, washing his clothes, that kind of thing. He says I needn't start trimming the lawn with those nice nail scissors till after we are married though.
So the board could be reliant on your cheerful posts about how good it is to be back in the UK.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

We have bought returns (round the world) and it is only about 200 more than one way for our leg.

Whether I need it or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.