Wikiposts

Return to OZ

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:30 am
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough
Default Return to OZ

Hi all can someone help me i was born in oz and have been in the uk since i was 6 years old i have a oz passport and would like to return to my place of birth to live i have no living family in oz what do i need to do or can i just go there and live. with out all the hassle of visas and police checks,medicals thanks for any help on this post
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:52 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Return to OZ

Originally Posted by Homer
Hi all can someone help me i was born in oz and have been in the uk since i was 6 years old i have a oz passport and would like to return to my place of birth to live i have no living family in oz what do i need to do or can i just go there and live. with out all the hassle of visas and police checks,medicals thanks for any help on this post

Hi there,

I was born in Oz and my mother is English. I came to the UK when I was 4 yrs old.

I had an Aussie passport which expired when I was still a child, but I was informed that as I had not renewed it that this was not enough proof of being an Aussie Citizen.

I checked on the Citizenship site and found out that I was still an Aussie Citizen and applied for my citizenship certificate and then applied for an up-to-date passport. I did not require medicals or Police checks. My hubby did as he applied for a spouse visa.

To apply for an up-to-date Australian passport - you have to go to London in person.

I now actually have duel UK/Aussie citizenship as I was adopted by my mother's husband in the Uk when I ws about 7 yrs old.

The citizenship web-site is: www.citizenship.gov.au

To apply for an 'Application for Certificate of Evidence of Australian Citizenship - it's: www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/119.pdf

Hope this helps.

Shell
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:40 am
Just Joined

waustralish is on a distinguished road

If you have your Aussie passport it's simple BOOK YOUR TICKET AND TURN UP AT THE AIRPORT (with both passports UK and Aussie). My partner was in the same position and Australia House were very helpful, you leave the UK on Birtish passport and enter Austrlaia on your Aussie one.

From there your find somewhere to live and register for your tax file number and bob's your uncle.

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:34 am
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough

hi all thanks for the help cya all there
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:48 pm
ABCDiamond

Just make sure your passport hasn't expired !!

But if it has, you just get it renewed in the normal renewal way.

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shecha

To apply for an up-to-date Australian passport - you have to go to London in person.
Or Manchester or Edinburgh, where there are honorary Australian consuls.

Jeremy
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
Or Manchester or Edinburgh, where there are honorary Australian consuls.

Jeremy
I thought the Manchester one closed a few years back?
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

ajax4779 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Manchester one still open, I renewed my Australian passport at it a few months ago.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
The immigration office - yes. But the consul there still takes passport applications, which go to London to be issued.

Jeremy