Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Retraining to get a job

Retraining to get a job

Old Jul 1st 2005, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Retraining to get a job

Hey guys, i work in IT, and on looking over the job status for my field, i'm dissapointed in the wage decrease i may have to take.

I used to be a welder and i am now seriously considering retraining to get back into that field. The money for welders in Oz is pretty good.

Has anybody here retrained or changed career to help get a job and if so, how successfull were you.

cheers

AB
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:09 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Retraining to get a job

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
Hey guys, i work in IT, and on looking over the job status for my field, i'm dissapointed in the wage decrease i may have to take.

I used to be a welder and i am now seriously considering retraining to get back into that field. The money for welders in Oz is pretty good.

Has anybody here retrained or changed career to help get a job and if so, how successfull were you.

cheers

AB
Everybody and his wife work in IT...thats why it doesnt command as many points to get in...that would tell me going back to welding would be a very good idea as that commands top points....No seriously my Brother is in Oz and in IT line of work...In the end he ended up going back to colledge for 4 years I think as mature student to gain a degree in something or other to do with his line of work...in order to get a desent job in it in Oz..They already have loads of computer people
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:14 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retraining to get a job

Originally Posted by Australia Bound

cheers

AB
welders are in big demand at the moment,my mate from work has just started the process and his agent told him that it should only take about 8 months from start to finish.
good luck mate and forgot to say that i'm a welder myself