Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

retirement visa help required!!!!!

retirement visa help required!!!!!

Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

jayne smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default retirement visa help required!!!!!

Is there anybody out there who has completed a retirement visa form? I am asking these following questions on behalf of my mother.

when completing a visa application, what rate of exchange do immigration use? is it the tourist rate or the bank rate?

As you rarely get the full asking price for your house, do they give you any leaway on shortfall?

Do they check your bank statements again after the sale of the house?

Thanks Jayne Smith

[email protected]
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: retirement visa help required!!!!!

Originally Posted by jayne smith
Is there anybody out there who has completed a retirement visa form? I am asking these following questions on behalf of my mother.

when completing a visa application, what rate of exchange do immigration use? is it the tourist rate or the bank rate?

As you rarely get the full asking price for your house, do they give you any leaway on shortfall?

Thanks Jayne Smith

[email protected]
Dunno im afraid but you might wanna remove yer email address..might suddenly get spammed to death..

C
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:46 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Did ours a couple of years ago. Just put down the exchange rate you use in brackets they can always amend it. Unless you are within a penny or two of the requirement it's unlikely to be questioned.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

They wanted copies of solicitor's letter confirming funds received for house sale.

Lesley
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:01 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jayne smith

Thanks Jayne Smith

Hi Jayne,

I've just helped my mum and dad with their retirement visa.

Have you seen this website, it's different to DIMIA and quite good for retirment visa help http://www.australia.org.uk/welcome/html/index.html

The process of a retirement visa is:

You send in your application along with a form with available funds (Property value - get an estate agent to come round and value your house, pensions etc).

You will then be asked for medicals. As long as the medicals go ok (There;s no waiver for health criteria for Retirement Visa's), this will then be followed by a letter asking you to make funds available by a certain date and you will need to obtain medical cover for your Mum's stay for the first year - minimum. My parents have 6 months to sell the house!!!! As long as you have the minimum funding requirement (Depending on your situation), you will need to prove this by sending Australia house a letter from your property solicitor for property sale or funds clear in your bank account.

Good Luck!